• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I import photographs from Photos to Lightroom?

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported all of my photographs into the Photos app on my Macbook Pro. Now, I have no idea how to access these photos in Lightroom in order to edit them. I didn't even have LIghtroom at the time I took some of those photos, but now I would very much like to edit them...

Any advice?

Shaina

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

You use the term 'Import' implying you mean to use Lr Classic CC. Is that correct?

If so:

Use Finder to locate where on your drive the photos are stored.

I'd move them to a new folder named something like 'All photos' in my Pictures folder.

Then, from that new folder, Import them into Lr.

If your intent is to ADD them to Lr CC (cloud ecosystem) do steps 1 & 2 above then ADD them using either Lr CC for Web or for Desktop.

As always - PLEASE backup your system using either (I use both) Time Machine (or

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You use the term 'Import' implying you mean to use Lr Classic CC. Is that correct?

If so:

Use Finder to locate where on your drive the photos are stored.

I'd move them to a new folder named something like 'All photos' in my Pictures folder.

Then, from that new folder, Import them into Lr.

If your intent is to ADD them to Lr CC (cloud ecosystem) do steps 1 & 2 above then ADD them using either Lr CC for Web or for Desktop.

As always - PLEASE backup your system using either (I use both) Time Machine (or similar) and/or Manual Backup before attempting a new operation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines