• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is exported from LRCC?

Participant ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started trying out LRCC (the new one) to see what it offers and wanted to know what is included when exporting a photo. For these tests, I uploaded the original files to the web site.

• If the original is already in JPG format, does it simply export the original file if you choose "maximum" or does it recompress it first? To test, I uploaded a JPG file then re-downloaded it at maximum, and they were slightly different sizes. Maybe some "overhead" added in to metadata or something?
  • Are Sensei Keywords exported, or are they only shown when searching? It doesn't look like it, but I was curious if they get "added" to a photo eventually.
  • Is location info exported if allowed to do so? I have that option enabled, but check out the attachment. The right info panel is for the original file directly off my phone, and the left is the unmodified file, simply downloaded back to the desktop. It doesn't show the location info, but it seems to be present somewhere in the file because the photo shows properly on the map if I import the file to LR Classic or Apple Photos.
    • I re-downloaded the file a couple times to test, and sometimes the latitude will appear in the info field, but the longitude has never shown. Tried this with a couple different photos and get the same result.
    • If I share the file from my phone via airdrop to my computer, the file only shows the latitude.

None of these are big things because I'm mostly going to use Classic, but I want to start tinkering with the new CC O I know how it works when it starts getting a more prominent role in the future. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

I don't have a lot of answers for you because I really don't use the new Lightroom CC that much. I don't think it's reasonable to expect saving copies of images to be exactly the same size, especially JPEG images. There's always going to be a slight difference in size. I'm only guessing here, but I suspect that as Lightroom CC matures and more features are added, the export or saving features will improve. In the meantime, what you see is what you get. You'll just have to experiment for yourself

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't have a lot of answers for you because I really don't use the new Lightroom CC that much. I don't think it's reasonable to expect saving copies of images to be exactly the same size, especially JPEG images. There's always going to be a slight difference in size. I'm only guessing here, but I suspect that as Lightroom CC matures and more features are added, the export or saving features will improve. In the meantime, what you see is what you get. You'll just have to experiment for yourself. Right now, there really isn't a lot of definitive information. Seems to be kind of a figure it out for yourself environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines