Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

getting an error when trying to save video

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

i've made a video with an infinite loop that i had tried to save for the web.  each time i tried to save, it would give me an error "Could not complete the operation.  An unknown error has occured."  I just installed PS onto my computer and this is the first time I'm using it.  went through tutorials for the video.  not sure what is wrong.

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Are you trying to save an Animated GIF or a video (.mp4)?

To save as Video (for use online):

1. File > Export > Render Video
  2. Click Render (it'll default to Adobe Media Encoder, h.264 format mp4).

To save as animated GIF:

1. Ensure you convert the video timeline to Animated Frames, by clicking on the Convert to Frame Animation icon at the bottom of the Timeline panel.
    animation.png
  2. File > Export > Save for Web (Legacy).
  3. Select GIF as format

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to save an Animated GIF or a video (.mp4)?

To save as Video (for use online):

1. File > Export > Render Video
  2. Click Render (it'll default to Adobe Media Encoder, h.264 format mp4).

To save as animated GIF:

1. Ensure you convert the video timeline to Animated Frames, by clicking on the Convert to Frame Animation icon at the bottom of the Timeline panel.
    animation.png
  2. File > Export > Save for Web (Legacy).
  3. Select GIF as format

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

im trying to save as an animated gif that the video can loop properly.

Basically i Had a video in which I created two layers of so that it can repeat. Then a still photo was placed as the top layer with a mask that allowwd the animation from the bottom two layers to play animated.

rendering the video helped saved it in video format but it did not loop.

I tried to convert the animation to animation frames per your suggestion but when I saved, it only saved as image file and was not animated.  Thank you so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Converting it to frame by frame animation reduces the timeline to a single frame, thats not a solution.

So far what ive seen its file size which does help getting it exported using gif filetype. Reduce the size and it will export. It seem photoshop has a hardcoded limit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try saving the video without the infinite loop--and if you did--do you get the same error message?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did and sti got same error. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without more useful info nobody can tell you much. Video is per se not looping indefinitely. Those are all player settings or settings in specific file formats like GIF. You need to explain what exactly you did and provide precise info on formats, settings, the kind of document you created etc..

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I was able to get it to save as the animated gif per your suggestion. It was just that the slides were playing so slow and the movement was so subtle I could barely see it at first. im such a newbie to PS, greatly appreciate your help!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines