• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting RAW files from LR CC on ipad

Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to look for the answer to this question. I imported RAW files from sd card and adapter into camera roll on ipad and then added to LR CC on ipad. Deleted photos from camera roll ... now they are in LR CC. Uploaded to cloud and in settings i chose "only download smart previews", but the RAWS remain locally on my ipad. How do i remove them so that the RAWS only sit in the cloud and not on my ipad? Your help will be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Is the iPad under pressure for space? I have a feeling that there's supposed to be some intelligent space management built into the LRCC app, which could mean that even though you've changed the setting to only download Smart Previews, pre-existing originals may hang around for a while until either the space is needed, or it determines that it's OK to remove them if you haven't looked at the images in a while.

So if there's not a space issue building up, I'd be inclined just to keep my eye on it

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried "Clear Cache" on the album that the files are in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cleared the cache in the LR settings (not album specific) but it hasnt deleted thr RAW images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the iPad under pressure for space? I have a feeling that there's supposed to be some intelligent space management built into the LRCC app, which could mean that even though you've changed the setting to only download Smart Previews, pre-existing originals may hang around for a while until either the space is needed, or it determines that it's OK to remove them if you haven't looked at the images in a while.

So if there's not a space issue building up, I'd be inclined just to keep my eye on it to see how it goes. But if you need to have those originals removed, try posting in the LRCC forum at the official Adobe feedback site where you're more likely to get a response from an engineer: Lightroom CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Jim, i solved my problem ... i deleted the app and with it went all the local RAW files, now its sorted with RAWS only in the cloud. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines