• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show white/black clipping mask, sharpening mask when using touch/pen

Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm mainly still working in Lightroom Classic as likely most of you, but I sync libraries I'm currently working on from LR Classic to Creative Cloud so I can work on those photos on the go on my Surface Pro 4 with the new Lightroom CC and have changes synced back to LR Classic. This works actually quite nicely if you know the limitations.

Now, speaking of working on the go with my Surface Pro 4, I prefer to work with touch and the Surface Pen to edit my photos instead of attaching the keyboard and a mouse. It works ok - as in LR Classic, it's still a mess to adjust the sliders with touch or a pen as you have to move them quite a bit before they even start moving, setting the value way of what you want - and then it's still very jumpy when you try to adjust it to the value you want. But I can deal with that for now.

Far worse is the problem that I do not find a way to show the white/black clipping and sharpening mask when using touch/pen. It works with the keyboard and mouse attached by pressing Alt while moving the slider with the mouse - just like in Lightroom Classic. So the features are there. But how can I trigger this feature when just using touch or, preferably, the pen?

I know on Android or IOS it works by using 2 fingers to adjust the slider (which is a mess, IMHO, but at least it works) - but this does not seem to work in Lightroom CC on Windows. Also, this wouldn't be a solution for the pen, still. Is there any way to do that on Windows?

I also would just love to have "Visualize Spots" mask with touch, but as far as I see, it's not even possible to activate this with mouse and keyboard, so I guess I'm out of luck for that. But I can deal also with that. But not being able to see white/black clipping is a dealbreaker ... it's essential when editing photos, and I'd really hate to attach keyboard and mouse on the go just to be able to use this feature.

Thanks for any ideas on this topic!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Hey Bleeding​,

The only way currently to display those visualizations is to use the Alt/Option key. There are no onscreen controls. However, I'm adding a +1 to JimHess​'s suggestion to create a feature request post on the forum he linked above.

Thanks,

Melissa

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no inside information to go on. But I think the kind of features you are looking for are a little ways down the road. A lot of the basic features aren't even in the program yet. But you can make suggestions/requests on this forum:

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JimHess At least for white/black clipping and sharpening mask, the feature is actually there and I can use it with Mouse + Keyboard. And on Android an iOS, there is actually also support for using it with touch. So there might be support for it on Windows too, I might just have not found the correct "shortcut" (as I also had to search for a while to find out how to do it on those platforms too, and I did not really find official documentation about it).

Thanks for the link to the suggestions community, I'll request it there if no one here knows of a way to do it already now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Bleeding​,

The only way currently to display those visualizations is to use the Alt/Option key. There are no onscreen controls. However, I'm adding a +1 to JimHess​'s suggestion to create a feature request post on the forum he linked above.

Thanks,

Melissa

Melissa Rios, Product Manager, Community Experiences & Platforms | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks axmelissarios1​, that was the clear answer I was looking for. I will add the discussed feature request.

Bernhard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines