Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU rendering error

Contributor ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I imported a footage 1280*720 directly to AME and exported it to h.264 3840*2160. My GTX 1060 was loaded 30%. Video engine load 0%. It took 2 minutes.

Then I placed the same footage in After Effects project, changed scale to 300% and rendered it 3840*2160 through Media Encoder. GPU load was 0%, Video engine load 0%. It took 4 minutes.

What is the problem? Adobe software 2018, Windows 10 64, latest drivers, have no IQSV in my CPU. Cuda was enabled everywhere.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm no expert on encoding video but my common sense tells me that:....

The first time AME encoded a 1280x720 file.

The second time it encoded a 3840x2160.

Makes perfect sense that it would take longer to encode a larger file.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In both cases the output was a 3840x2160. If you choose 4k output in AME it automatically upscales the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

сергейз48634810  wrote

In both cases the output was a 3840x2160. If you choose 4k output in AME it automatically upscales the file.

Yah, I know.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also did the same thing from Premiere project: 1280x720 PP - upscale 300% - ME export 3840x2160. The render time was the same as in ME alone and was 2 times lower than for the project from AE. Why ME renders AE projects so long?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anybody?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thing the difference is that if you let AME/Premiere do the scaling, then the GPU is taking over giving you better speed. in Ae it does not default to using GPU for doing transform operations. only recently in CC2018 the transform operations were included in GPU rendering if you enable it in the project settings. so if you are using CC2018, and are using the native transform:scale to scale your layer, see that your project settings are set to GPU acceleration. if this does not help, I would file a detailed and clear bug report so the Ae Team can examine it: Feature Request/Bug Report Form 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I enable GPU rendering in the project settings? In CC2018 I have no render option in the project settings. There is only CUDA enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, this is the GPU enabled for accelerated effects.

I would also see if there's a difference if you render from "Queue in AME" (in the render queue) vs "Add to AME Queue"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CUDA is already enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not answer... ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CC2018. My project settings are set to GPU acceleration. It doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines