Exit

Live preview when making changes?

Engaged ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recently upgraded from CS6 to CC.

When I edit fonts, for example, I like to hold CMD and then with the mouse drag the value left and right and in CS6 it would make the change on the fly, so I could see what I was doing. Now with CC I can't, until I release the mouse, which kinda defeats the purpose.

Is there an option to turn this ON/Off?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because we do so much of this sort of thing automatically, without even thinking about, I find I am sometimes not sure if a function has changed, or I am not remembering correctly.  But I have been thinking that several things that used to happen on the fly, now don't show until I tab out of the box or OK it.  I'm half inclined to install a previous version of CC to test it.

If you still have CS6 installed, can you check back to make absolutely sure you are seeing a difference?  Thanks.

Does anyone else think that functions do not update like they used to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is there on CS6 and not on CC. This is a feature I use all the time, just because when I knew about it I was like "wow this is exactly what I needed to save me time" and know that I don't have it I was like "oh crap, it will make me waste more time"

Sometimes I would like to know who's behind these decisions to remove features that are useful...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a bug in CC2018 latest release, not sure if this relates to your issue

Photoshop CC 19.0.1: Text Size Scubby Slider and Up Down Arrow no longer gives live updates | Photos...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's the exact same problem I'm facing. I didn't try the up/down arrow when I posted here, because I never use it, but I tried it now and it doesn't work either. The person on that post is facing the same issue as me. Hope they will fix this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can revert back to CC2017 in the meantime until a fix is released

Download and install Creative Cloud apps

Scroll down to this bit

Install previous versions of apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will it preserve all my brushes, actions, keyboard shortcuts, etc?

I mean, this is a bit annoying, because it slows down the workflow, but I also don't want to mess with any other stuff by downgrading...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines