• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 crashing after cloning hard drive

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently the hard drive I've been running since 2012 was slowing down exponentially, so I used a Wavlink Dock to clone it to a new hard drive. Upon trying to run photoshop CS6 on the clone, I had to re-enter the serial key, but things seemed to be okay after that.

It was only after I had to use it for something I discovered a problem. Photoshop CS6 seems to now crash at the slightest action once open. No discernable cause, just trying to do anything in it can make it crash. I uninstalled and reinstalled CS6 to see if it might help, but the same thing happens every time.

I don't know if this is an issue with Photoshop, or an issue with the hard drive clone, either presents a problem to me, does anybody know what might be causing this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting PS preferences

To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop

Failing that you could also try this

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Re-installing the OS for a fresh install may be the next option to take, it doesn't do any harm to start with a clean OS installation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting the prefs didn't help unfortunately

Does a tool made for the creative cloud help when I use a pre-Creative Cloud version of the software?

I actually cloned the hard drive because a system reinstall WOULD actually be trouble for me at this point since I don't presently have access to reinstallation media (hard-drive installed reinstallation media is not a good idea, never was) or a lot of the programs I run usually since I'm out for a while. If this problem can be resolved without reformatting the hard drive, it would be the most optimal solution

I pulled the error entry from the event viewer

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 13.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4f61c045

Faulting module name: atio6axx.dll, version: 6.14.10.9236, time stamp: 0x4b2aaa84

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000000d218

Faulting process id: 0x25a4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d384017f33200f

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\atio6axx.dll

Report Id: 109ab427-eff5-11e7-83b0-bcaec519283d

No idea how to troubleshoot any of that, hopefully someone else can make sense of it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the event log, it looks like your AMD GPU is causing the crashing

Check here for updated drivers for you GPU, download the latest version, uninstall the current version on your PC and install the new version

Download Drivers

Also make sure PS is up to date, latest update here

Adobe - Photoshop : For Windows : Adobe Photoshop 13.0.1.3 update for CS6

The cleaner tool works for all version of PS, but before using you need to make sure you have your serial key at hand for re-installation

You can download CS6 from here

Download Adobe CS6 Trials: Direct Links (no Assistant or Manager) | ProDesignTools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apologies for the late reply, been busy.

I uninstalled my Display driver and reinstalled it, but the crashes are still happening. The event viewer still declares C:\Windows\system32\atio6axx.dll at fault too.

Took this screencap of the preferences before it crashed one of the previous times, don't know if it's of any help, but seems to be directed towards the display drivers

Screenshot 2018-01-19 23.50.15.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines