• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activation

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pro 8 keeps asking to activate. Purchased, still have CD and packaging, serial and activation numbers.

Pro 8 keeps shutting down. Chat s non-existent. 'Bout had it with Adobe.

At 70+ years, why do I put up with this? Wasting time, very upset. Phone who??

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is no longer running the activation servers for these old version on Acrobat. You need a new version of Acrobat 8 that does not require activation, and you also need a new serial number to go with that new application. See here for more details: Activation or connection error when starting CS3 or Acrobat 8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been trying all day. So much for Adobe.

I'm 70+, been using Adobe Pro (various versions) for years. Now nada, zip, nothing.

What an be done without spending cash? Cash which I already spent on Adobe products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you click Karl's link and download the special installer and the serial number?

Other people have had problems with activation, click all the links below to read the various reasons and fixes

CS3 and Acrobat 8 activation server is retired see reply #1 https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2372929

-you MUST use the special serial number AND the special installer you download, not your originals

-above includes a link to get the special version AND links to help with activation problems

-more information on activation problems with the new version https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2385900

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Karl's link along with the new serial number. Been at this most of my day.

No. zero, luck.

All these years I believed Adobe was #1. Changing my mind. QUICK too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only a day tryng, still a no-go.

Is there a "decent" way to re-install a program which I've used for years? Bought and paid for!

Never had any problems till recently. Now, useless , upsetting, directions from Adobe.

Install, uninstall, new serial number, nada, nothing.

Needless to say, "This seventy year old is having a difficult time understanding the baloney"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Acrobat 8 is outdated, unsupported and not compatible with any current OS. Adobe is not going to give you any support for it beyond what's in those links you got.

You keep saying things are not working, but you're not providing any details that will help us help you with your issues...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines