• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML5 making a button state stick

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to make a toggle button with a Movie Clip symbol (as opposed to a Button symbol) in HTML5 Canvas. It works fine except when I move my cursor off the button, it reverts to the first frame rather than staying on the frame I sent it to via code. The button has 4 "states" residing on 4 different frames in the button labelled "play_up", "play_down", "pause_up", "pause_down" in that order. When the button is supposed to remain in the pause position, it always reverts to the play position - I assume because that's the first frame in the button. Each of these key frames in the button has a "this.stop();" command. Any suggestions on how to make a button state stick when you move your cursor off it?

Here's my code.

var myStage = this;

var audioIsPlaying = 0;

1. this.playPauseBtn_mc.cursor = "pointer";
  2. stage.enableMouseOver();

1. myStage.playPauseBtn_mc.addEventListener("mouseover", playPauseBtnOver.bind(this));
  2. myStage.playPauseBtn_mc.addEventListener("mouseout", playPauseBtnOut.bind(this));
  3. myStage.playPauseBtn_mc.addEventListener("mousedown", playPauseBtnDown.bind(this));
  4. myStage.playPauseBtn_mc.addEventListener("pressup", playPauseBtnUp.bind(this));

function playPauseBtnDown() {

if (audioIsPlaying) {

// pause the audio & set button to play

myStage.playPauseBtn_mc.gotoAndStop("pause_down");

audioIsPlaying = 0;

} else {

// play the audio & set button to pause

myStage.playPauseBtn_mc.gotoAndStop("play_down");

audioIsPlaying = 1;

}

}

function playPauseBtnUp() {

if (audioIsPlaying) {

// set button to play

myStage.playPauseBtn_mc.gotoAndStop("pause_up");

} else {

// set button to pause

myStage.playPauseBtn_mc.gotoAndStop("play_up");

}

}

function playPauseBtnOver() {

if (audioIsPlaying) {

// set button to play

} else {

// set button to pause

}

}

function playPauseBtnOut() {

if (audioIsPlaying) {

// set button to play

} else {

// set button to pause

}

}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

I have a press up because the action happens on mousedown not mouseup. It's going to control audio and I want an immediate response when the user clicks down on the button rather than waiting for the mouse up.

In any case, I found the answer to my problem, though I'm I don't really understand why this works. I need to use "rollout" rather than "mouseout". It seems to have something to do with the fact that rollout doesn't "bubble" but I'm not sure what that means. See

EaselJS v1.0.0 API Documentation : DisplayObject

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your mouseout is problematic.  ie, don't use goto's if your movieclip is already on the correct frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only added the mouseout to try and make the button stay on the "pause_up" frame. I just removed it to test it again and without the mouseout I get the same behavior, namely the button always reverts to the first frame, "play_up", regardless of where I leave it. The mouseover is redundant. I don't think I need that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then why do you have a pressup???

is that the problem?  ie, you should NOT have a pressup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have a mouseout listener.

myStage.playPauseBtn_mc.addEventListener("mouseout", playPauseBtnOut.bind(this));

Did I code it right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why do you have a pressup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a press up because the action happens on mousedown not mouseup. It's going to control audio and I want an immediate response when the user clicks down on the button rather than waiting for the mouse up.

In any case, I found the answer to my problem, though I'm I don't really understand why this works. I need to use "rollout" rather than "mouseout". It seems to have something to do with the fact that rollout doesn't "bubble" but I'm not sure what that means. See

EaselJS v1.0.0 API Documentation : DisplayObject

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines