• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tried Everything in the forums here, didn't help me with the Dynamic link error while working on videos in photoshop

Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work on MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)

2.7 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Radeon Pro 455 2 GB

Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB

every time i try to import a video into adobe photoshop CC 2018 it starts loading but in midway it gives me the " Could not complete your request because the DynamicLink Media Server is not available. " error. The same when i try to open it directly either through the File -> Open, or drag and drop.

Tried restarting photoshop several times and waiting 30 seconds in between, tried restarting my MacBook several times, tried resetting photoshop preferences, tried terminating dynamic link media server and dynamic link manager from activity monitor ( it greyed out but didn't disappear from the activity monitor ), all this without any difference... it still doesn't open

putting into consideration that when i restart my MacBook both dynamic link media server and dynamic link manager don't appear automatically in the activity monitor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018
  1. Go to the macOS Finder
  2. Hold down the [option] key and select Go> Library...
  3. Navigate to /Library/Preferences/Adobe/amecommand/10.0.0/
  4. Locate the file called “Trace Database.txt”
    • If that file is present, and it is empty, delete it
  5. Then go to /Library/Preferences/Adobe/dynamiclinkmediaserver/10.0.0/
  6. Locate the file called “Trace Database.txt”
    • If that file is present, and it is empty, delete it.
  7. Restart Photoshop

Note: If your videos stop rendering, you may need to go through these steps again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you have un installed Photoshop, Used Adobe Cleaner to wipe out all traces of Photoshop,  Reinstalled Photoshop on your mac and you still have an instalation problem.  Perhaps it is an Apple problem what version of OSX are you using.  Some Mac user pleas help here...

Have you search for it on your machine is the module installed?  I read some place Finder search may be broken in some version of OSX.

On windows I have CS6, CC 2014 and CC 2018 installed  I see several version on my system...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there JJ Mack,

thanks for ur help, I am using mac os High sierra, I do not know whether my problem can be categorized under " installation problem " or not, but I think the module exists on the machine as when i try to open the video on photoshop the dynamic link manager pops into my activity monitor.

Your help is much appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/amr+azab  wrote

Hi there JJ Mack,

thanks for ur help, I am using mac os High sierra, I do not know whether my problem can be categorized under " installation problem " or not, but I think the module exists on the machine as when i try to open the video on photoshop the dynamic link manager pops into my activity monitor.

Your help is much appreciated

Why do you think is not an installation problem for it doe not work? How can you think it exists when it does not work?  It is easy to search to see if it is installed if Finder search works on your Mac.

If is in on you systems and it does not work you have an installation problem.  You may have a problem like your user ID does not have permission to use its folder.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What i meant was that maybe there was a malfunction in the program or a conflict with any other component or so...

Ok, so the dynamic link exists on my machine.. Now what shall I do next? How can I stop that extremely annoying error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be may things messinf up your installation.

You may have a problem like your user ID does not have permission to use its folder. A third party plug-in may be interfearing.  A Photoshop Preferences file may be corrupted.  An OSX update may be at fault.  Your installation is not working.

Check you user ID permission.  Hold the shift key while starting Photoshop and skip loading third party plug-ins. Reset your Photoshop preferences.  Search for OSX problems.  Search again. Also seatch google. Do these one at a time.

https://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?place=%2Fplaces%2F1413024&sort=updatedDesc&q=DynamicLink+Media+...

https://www.google.com/search?q=photoshop+dynamic+link+media+server+is+not+available&oq=Phptoshop+Dy...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

been there... done that... one at a time... still nothing.. pleeeeeeeease HELP ME

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again.... any help pleeeeeeeeeeease

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Go to the macOS Finder
  2. Hold down the [option] key and select Go> Library...
  3. Navigate to /Library/Preferences/Adobe/amecommand/10.0.0/
  4. Locate the file called “Trace Database.txt”
    • If that file is present, and it is empty, delete it
  5. Then go to /Library/Preferences/Adobe/dynamiclinkmediaserver/10.0.0/
  6. Locate the file called “Trace Database.txt”
    • If that file is present, and it is empty, delete it.
  7. Restart Photoshop

Note: If your videos stop rendering, you may need to go through these steps again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank youuuuuuuuu

you got that right, u helped me alot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines