• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign screen distortions when scrolling

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using InDesign CC 2018, and as I work between pages, scroll or zoom-in/out, screen distortions appear on the page. A sample image is attached.

In this example, the grey in the bottom right-half of the document isn't supposed to be there. It appears to be an artefact from the background. Changing pages or scrolling more will typically make the issue move to a different part of the page or disappear.

Any suggestions?

Indesign screen problem.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

What should help: Turn off GPU Acceleration.

Best,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What should help: Turn off GPU Acceleration.

Best,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That seemed to fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I seem to be having a similar problem, however I am using a Windows machine. All specs seem to be fine on the laptop including the graphics card. I'm using Indesign version 17.4 x64. When I scroll my Indesign distorts as per the image attached, the only way to rectify it is to change to preview mode or scroll off the page and bring it back down again. The longer I specd on a design the more often it happens. I don't have the option to disable the GPU. Does anyone know what the problem could be and how to resolve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's screen tearing. Your hardware may be too weak to run at the resolutuion you are running. Hard to say without knowing your environment. Make sure drivers are updated, and that your CPU and GPU are not running hot- which would bottleneck performance by automatically throttling to prevent overheating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, it helps to know what it is, now just to try and identify why it is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines