• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A company want my Ip adress

Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made a website in adobe muse. Then there is another company that will make sure the page comes high on google. But this company (which I have nothing to do with ) that is in another country wants the IP address of my Mac. They said It had something to do with google and tracking the webpage. But do they need my IP address for this? I do not want to give it away.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

cathrinen92883330  wrote

another company that will make sure the page comes high on google. But this company (which I have nothing to do with ) that is in another country wants the IP address of my Mac. They said It had something to do with google and tracking the webpage.

sounds like a scammer to me... they target people with website and say "we can give you a good google score" = bs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cathrine,

It isn't harmful in any way, and nowadays companies are crawling the search engine rankings by local IP address.

you can find more info on google - https://www.georanker.com/track-rankings-with-local-ip-addresses-seo-benefits. 

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like you don't upload to ftp of your client but instead export as html, right?

This way (and in no other way as well, I guess), adding to ankushr40215001 , no IP address helps for SEO at all, I assume.

The site finally calls: 

By crawling Search Engines rankings with local IP addresses GeoRanker is able to generate high accuracy SERPs reports.

So, what the SEO company in the other country needs maybe, is the IP of the client.

I invite, not without wishing a happy new year to all of you,  J-26​ to this. I guess, they are more reliable to this, than the company in the other country?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cathrinen92883330  wrote

another company that will make sure the page comes high on google. But this company (which I have nothing to do with ) that is in another country wants the IP address of my Mac. They said It had something to do with google and tracking the webpage.

sounds like a scammer to me... they target people with website and say "we can give you a good google score" = bs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is what they say:

Hi Cathrine,

as you probably know, we are creating Adwords ads for NORTHDENTAL.

We need to exclude our (I mean our offices; Northdental office, clinic, etc.) internal traffic (by excluding our IP addresses), so we could value the conversions and behavior in the page only of the real users, and then make neccessary changes, based on accurate data.

Your IP address would be used only when creating the filter in Google Analytics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines