• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't import Avid Media Composer V.8.3.1 exported Quicktime Reference files in Encoder CC V.12.0

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I just installed the latest version of Media Encoder CC (V 12.0) from my creative cloud application to try it out, but I can't import the quicktime reference files I export from Avid Media Composer (V 8.3.1).

I tried checking and unchecking the "Use Avid Codec" checkbox (within the Avid's Export settings) but I still get the "File Import Failure" error box.

I am using DNxHD 115 in my project, and am working in 1080p/23.976.

I saw a 2012 thread talking about this problem, but the last comments says that this should be solved from the CC version.

Any inputs about how I could solve this issue would be, of course, greatly appreciated!

Luc Desjardins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Luc Desjardins,

We have custom QuickTime Libraries with current versions of Adobe video software. It's certainly possible that these files are not able to be decoded unless QuickTime is installed. You can still install it without the problematic components. Can you see if this forum response might work for you? Re: pc users should uninstall quicktime for windows asap

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kevin, thanks for the heads up!

I tried playing around with my quicktime installation but it did not yield any results.

What DID work though is to do a Video mixdown of my Avid sequence, and then export a quicktime reference file linked to said mixdown.

That way, I assume, I eliminate any possibilities of something in my sequence not working with AME.

Now, I've got another issue Even though I've got Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA) selected, when I'm encoding a H.264 file, I get only CPU load but no GPU load. (I'm monitoring CPU activity through the task manager, and the GPU activity through a software called GPU Temp).

Do I need to use a specific CUDA enabled format? If this would be the case I'd assume there'd be a specific choice  (Like MainConcept CUDA H.264), but in AME I only get regular H.264.

Is there another setting I am not aware of to enable CUDA encoding? Or certain limitations within the H.264 format that would prevent it from working? (I think CUDA only works with VBR encoding, for example).

My video card is an NVIDIA Quadro 4000, and I know CUDA compression to work (In Squeeze 8 for example).

I looked for a cuda_supported_cards.txt in the AME installation folder to add my card in case it's not there (It is correctly detected by GPUSniffer.exe), but it looks like this text file only exists for Premiere?

Thank you for any pointers you might provide!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has anyone been able to solve this?

The older post does not have a solution that worked for me.

I have tried to have an adobe support member remote in and solve it but they could not. However I do have some info. Some tests I did may help someone understand but I certainly do not.

1. I Exported a Quicktime Reference from Avid Media Composer on computer system 1.

2. Imported into Media Encoder 2018 but it says file is corrupt.

3. Import into AME 2015. Success.

4.Tried the same thing on another computer system. Same media, same process same everything.

5. Imported Quicktime reference made on system 2 into AME 2018 on system 2. Success!

6.Went back to system 1 with this newly made Quicktime Reference from system 2.

7. Imported Quicktime reference from system 2 into AME 2018. Success!

I don't understand why system one can import into AME 2015 no problems at all. But can not in AME 2018. However system 2 has no problems at all. Both systems are essentially the same. Windows 10. Same AVID versions, Video drivers up to date, Quicktime codecs install. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling AME, AVID, and Quicktime codec LE and PE, no luck. I really want to avoid an OS reinstall. I have also had this same scenario happen on a 3rd system and can not solve the problem. AME 2015 works but I am starting to run into limitations and would like to use the new software.

I have also tried to mixdown the sequence and still no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines