Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw File- Cannot Parse File

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am hoping someone can tell me why Photoshop won't let me open my files as "Camera Raw" files anymore.

I was opening and editing all files as camera raw files and then it just stopped letting me opening the files as camera raw files. I now get a prompt "Could not complete your request because the file-format module cannot parse the file."

I am hoping someone has a solution to this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure they are RAW file?

What camera are they from?

What exact version of PSE are you running?

Are these new images or older images you have had on your hard drive for a while?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm getting the same issue. The files are generally PNG, JPG or TIF that I want to increase the quality of using the RAW options. I'm using the current version of Photoshop (2023).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screen shot of the folder the photos are in-- it's pretty important to be able to see the full name of the folder they are in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've tried from the desktop, from 'Docments', from our server and I have tried from a USB. I can open the file easily, it's when I try to 'Open As...' 'Camera RAW' to enhance the image it has a problem. This is across the board. One day it just stopped working. Whatever location, whatever file type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's Photoshop.   You need to post your question in the photoshop ecosystem forum.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem/ct-p/ct-photoshop?page=1&sort=latest_replies&lang...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is the same error - which is why I replied to the original comment here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines