• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illegal XML error (23::0) on import

Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting this error when trying to import one AE project into another AE project.  I am running a PC with version 15.0.0 (build 180)

Maybe my problem is I should have stayed with CC 2017....

The error specifically stems from the use of the plug-in "RubberHose" and "RubberHose 2"  These both worked well on CC 2017

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Ok, I talked with the creator of Rubberhose and it seems that in AE 2018 the code was updated that interfered with the Rubberhosescript.  He released a bugfix so that Rubberhose can be used in 2018, but to use older Rubberhose rigs, they need to be converted to Rubberhose 2 rigs in AE 2017 before they can be imported into AE 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without exact info noboday can tell you anything. You haven't even provided the exact wording of the error much less anything beyond that liek actual system info or details about your project. Your post is not useful for diagnosing the issue.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I talked with the creator of Rubberhose and it seems that in AE 2018 the code was updated that interfered with the Rubberhosescript.  He released a bugfix so that Rubberhose can be used in 2018, but to use older Rubberhose rigs, they need to be converted to Rubberhose 2 rigs in AE 2017 before they can be imported into AE 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so how can I fix this bug? what are the procedure?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I may do a feature request to make error codes copy and pasteable.

It was great when we still had Mylenium's database so we could troubleshoot based on error code alone.

I just got a 23::0

illegal XML character""in string"MyIllustratorLayer"

It is because I have Line Breaks in my layer names, because I named sub layers based on their content with this script.

var idoc = app.activeDocument; 

var ilayer = idoc.activeLayer; 

for (i=0; i<ilayer.layers.length; i++) { 

var sublayer = ilayer.layers

sublayer.name = sublayer.pageItems[0].contents || sublayer.pageItems[0].name; 

}

if you save time with one thing, it will waste time somewhere else I guess!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines