• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ARGGHHH PHOTOSHOP NOT WORKING

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For two days now i have tried to open photoshop, i have the free cloud app trial that is linked to my company  (a university) so I don't pay but can use the cloud trial all year) It wasn't working so i followed ll the instructions on how to fix it, none of which worked, i then did a complete deep clean uninstall and reinstall (done this three times now!) still nothing, updated my mac to latest operating stytem to see if that helped, nothing, restarted computer (lots of times now) nothing, installed bridge because heard that helped...nothing, obviously cleared and reinstalled complete adobe system including app manager - nothing - when i click on photoshop it bounces for a while, then a validation page comes up which flashes for less than a second, then get a creative clout page which says wait a moment and then a wheel for hours, obviously also deeply uninstalled and reinstalled the creative cloud also.... nothing! driving me mad, is there a phone number where i can ask for help or anyone got any suggestions that are not already in the 'how to fix the issue' pages because i have already followed them - been here for two days now :.(((

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's start here: does your Mac meet the minimum requirements for Photoshop CC 2018?

From Photoshop system requirements::

macOS

1. Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support
  2. macOS version 10.13 (High Sierra), macOS version 10.12 (Sierra), or Mac OS X version 10.11 (El Capitan)
  3. 2 GB or more of RAM (8 GB recommended)
  4. 4 GB or more of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system)
  5. 1024 x 768 display (1280x800 recommended) with 16-bit color and 512 MB or more of dedicated VRAM; 2 GB is recommended*
  6. OpenGL 2.0-capable system
  7. Internet connection and registration are necessary for required software activation, membership validation, and access to online services.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying, Yes to all of the above- its a pretty new imac and i updated the system to 10.12.6 and never had any issues until this year (my membership renews this time each year) - it downloaded everything absolutely fine and i can see it all on my computer ready to go, it just doesn't open when i click on the icon - I logged in using all my work passcode and it isn't giving any message about need to validate etc, I also did a run through 'first aid' and everything on hard drive is absolutely fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also, i just clicked on adobe bridge which i downloaded at the same time and that works absolutely fine, just an issue with photoshop...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Photoshop General Discussion forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rebecca, can you clarify what sort of account you are using.  I would think a university would have a Creative Cloud for Teams account, and not something that shows as permanently in Trial mode.  Indeed, that causes some concern, as one of the illicit ways of using Creative Cloud software are hacks that make it think it is forever in Trial mode.    If you are using a CC for Teams account, then your IT person should be able to help you with your installation problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its perfectly legit, every student and member of staff has access on iCloud, obviously already contacted IT but its the holidays so no answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ARGGHHH PHOTOSHOP NOT WORKING

created by Trevor.Dennis in Photoshop General Discussion - View the full discussion

OK, so you are able to install the Application Manager OK?    YES

And you are trying to install Photoshop from the Application Manager? (Mine is already installed of course)

https://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-10075962-1385238/pastedImage_0.png

When you say you did a deep clean reinstall, do you mean you ran the Cleaner tool?   I HAVE AN APPLICATION THAT RUNS A DEEP INSTALL BUT ALSO RAN THE CLOUD ONE

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Are you seeing any error messages? NO ERROR MESSAGES, JUST A SPINNING WHEEL AND 'WAIT A MOMENT'

Troubleshoot Adobe Creative Cloud download and install issues

Troubleshoot Adobe Creative Cloud install issues with log files

Where did you get the Application Manager installation file from?  What version is it?  FROM THE ADOBE CLOUD - LATEST VERSION

https://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-10075962-1385246/pastedImage_4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

As far as I am aware there is no such thing as a permanent cloud trial license. There are limited period trials and there are site licenses for multiple seats and multi user licenses . You need to go to your university tech department and get your license clarified.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm wondering if the OP is getting mixed up with this

iCloud - Setup - Apple

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines