• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe tech support not know PS edits video

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a 45 minutes on hold, I reached the Adobe tech support who argued with me that Photoshop is not meant to edit video. He went onto say that Adobe makes other programs that edit video. He put me on hold while he confirmed that Photoshop does edit video. I asked if he could connect me to someone who knows Photoshop. He told me I could call Adobe again. Wondering why Adobe hires tech support people who have no knowledge of Photoshop??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, from a professional standpoint I guess that is very much subject to point of view. I'm sure some people think PS' shoddy hacking & slashing of video is "editing", others perhaps not so much...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify, Photoshop does edit video. Period. It is not subject to opinion or artistic interpretation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well more for social media outlets like YouTube. It was added because smartphones and digital cameras do output video.

How to Edit Video in Photoshop - YouTube   There are advantages to editing videos in Photoshop and why not try what you already have?

There's a few more tutorials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had one specific question regarding importing video to Photoshop. There are numerous Youtube videos on video editing in Photoshop. Inexplicably, the Adobe tech support rep was unaware of how Photoshop works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes you just get the new hire in the tech support division. Hang up and try again or explain your problem here.

You can also use Twitter: @AdobeCare

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't't have minded but it would mean another 45 minutes on hold. Just a bit disappointed that tech support wouldn't know the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not post your question here? The fellow users here are generally much more knowledgeable about Photoshop, unless bugs need to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called back today and requested an escalation as I was advised. i was transferred instead to a supervisor. I asked him to transfer me to have my case escalated. He refused. He had me on hold twice while he researched my one question. When he still had no answer, I asked again to have the case escalated. He refused. He kept changing the subject. He told me that he could have the case escalated but would not do it. Instead of transferring the call, he repeated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not a "professional" opinion. You can import video files into Photoshop for editing. The Adobe tech support person argued that Photoshop does not have video editing capability or that you can even import video files into Photoshop. It's indefensible that Adobe tech support would not know this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question has not been answered. My question was why does Adobe hire unqualified people? 45 minutes on hold to reach someone who does not know Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oddly enough, your fellow Photoshop users aren't in a position to answer that sort of question. It may be worth mentioning that tech support do not consider it their job to explain or teach their products. Rather, it is to solve problems. Generally by following scripts and, only when the scripts are exhausted, escalate to more experienced people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was not expecting to be taught. I have a specific issue regarding importing a video file and spoke with an Adobe rep who argued that Photoshop does not have video capabilities and was rude and arrogant about it. I requested to be connected with someone else. The rep refused to do so and told me to call back. I do expect Adobe tech support to know how Photoshop works and if they can't answer a question to be professional about it and connect me with someone who does.

I have no tolerance for arrogance and the condescending attitude who is unfamiliar with the program it his job to understand.

My question here is: why does Adobe hire people with little knowledge of their programs to represent them. That is a fair question. Doesn't Adobe have a screening process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s a fair question. But you won’t get an answer. Lot of questions like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is unacceptable service. Did you record a name or case number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines