• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merge regular PS project with 3D project

Engaged ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that when I go into 3D mode on PS, I can no longer access my original layers from project. My work around is creating a new project and saving it as a "project" 3D. The pain is that I have to go back and forth between the non 3D project and 3D project. Is there a way to merge the two together into one project?

Happy New Year

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to just click on the layers tab to see your layers, and if you want to see both, drag one of the tabs out of that group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but I am unable to achieve this as you stated on my version of PS. (I'm using the latest version. Should I go back to a previous version of PS?) I have to save, close and reopen to get out of the 3D mode but when I do, I lose my 3D work. It's gone. I guess I have to export my 3D model and import it back in when I reopen my project? Can you recommend the proper format to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also using the latest version of PS. Can you post some screen shots of what you're doing and the results?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you show screenshot of your layers set up as you should have no problem at all combining 2D and 3D layers.

In Photoshop, a  3D scene is just a layer. That layer can exist alongside other 2D or 3D layers in the Photoshop layer stack. The only time you need to do anything special is to combine two or more separate 3D layers into a single 3D layer so that the elements can interact. You can do that with Merge 3D layers.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I think I understand. When I create an element, say Object A, before making it into a 3D object, I need to duplicate the Object A layer first in case I want to use the 2D version of it of other uses. Is this correct? 

Thanks,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - if you want to keep the 2D version of a layer you are turning into a 3D object just duplicate the layer first.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got it. Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines