• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects crashes with Duik

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on rigging up a character, I've added controllers for the character but when I try to use the "IK" feature of Duik, it just stalls and freezes. I have to Force Quit. I've tried to restart computer and same issue happens. Any ideas what's up?

I have an iMac with 32gb ram, and use updated version of AE2018

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a fairly recent update to DUIK. Have you tried that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How recent? I downloaded Duik less than a week ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be that nasty "expressions evaluate a gigazillion times slower in CC 2018" issue striking again, possibly combined with thos equally annoying endless bugs in teh render pipleine. Take a pick...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have mentioned that I did two legs for the character and 1 arm. its the final arm that it keeps freezing on. So no idea how to advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey FourEyedFocusMoe  I know its a bit too late now but, I had the same issue today as well. My problem seemed to be related to my characters hierarchy i.e foot is parented to calf-> calf is parented to thigh. When I fixed that it seemed to work pretty fine. Hope this helps you or anyone else who encounters this problem in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines