• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clone tool preview not working

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I'm using CS5 and when using the clone stamp tool, the actual result is correct but the sample preview is incorrect.  I have it set to sample current layer only which, I thought, may be causing the problem since I have other lighting layers above (levels, brightness/contrast).  I tried changing to sample all layers but when I do that the preview is correct but the result is not (too light).  Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Christine

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the tools and/or preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.  I tried resetting the tool but nothing changed.  I also looked in preferences but didn't see anything that looks like it will affect tool behavior. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can look at the Clone Source panel.  Normally, we find that people have 'Show Overlay' and 'Clipped' unchecked, but resetting the Clone tool should have fixed that.  Try resetting again, but this time reset ​All Tools​.  If you are still having a problem after this, reset Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christine!

Can you show a screen shot of what you are looking at? Seeing the options bar as well as the tool might give us a little more information to work with since you are working in CS5.

Thanks,

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Michelle!  Sorry for the delayed response..

Here's a screenshot of the clone source when using the Current Layer only (source preview is wrong but result is right):

clone_current layer.jpg

And here's a screenshot with All Layers selected (source preview is correct but result is not - too light).

clone_all layers.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines