• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't resolve "An update to Adobe Flash Flayer is Available" on Windows 10

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  am have  an HP ZBook G4 Mobile Workstation running Windows 10 Pro, version 1709, OS Build 16299.125, and each time I boot up now I get the following popup window below which after I click on download without including McAfee since I already use Norton, I'm directed to

https://get3.adobe.com/flashplayer/update/ppapi/ select save as, which is the file Adobe Flashplayer/flashplayer28ppau_ha_install.exe.

When I click on the downloaded file, I then get this error msg popup:

Q1)  How do I get this Popup to stop occurring as I have no intention to also download McAfee?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to reproduce the behaviour described.  flashplayer28ppau_ha_install.exe installed correctly on my Windows 10 test machine (Win 10 Pro, Version 1709, OS Build 16299.125).  You can try one of the following:

• Run the installer with elevated permissions:  Right-click on the file and select 'run as administrator'
  • If you're using security software (anti-virus etc), check the logs to see if a process interfered with the program
  • Hard-reboot of your system (shut down the system for a minute or so) and then try again.
  • Try the PPAPI installer posted at https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer instead
  • Try the offline PPAPI installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page, in the 'Still having problems' section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Maria,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.  I have performed a cold reboot a few times before trying what you outlined above.  Each time, my Notebook started, I no longer got the popup to update Flash as reported in my post.  In my email replay to you I reported that when I tried to attach the file Flashplayer/flashplayer28ppau_ha_install.exe there was now zero bytes in the file, so it could not be sent.  when I tried again after I rebooted, the file disappeared all together, strange..

When I clicked on Try the PPAPI installer posted at https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer and clicked on the "Test Flash Player" button within I.E. (not Edge), it succeeded although I don't know if anything changed from what was installed prior to the popup to upgrade appeared.  When I enter in the URL using Edge and click on test, I get redirected to Adobe Flash Player issues with Windows 10 (Microsoft Edge) 

However when I follow the steps to enable flash within Edge, advanced settings already indicates Use Adobe Flash Play is on as shown to the right. So if Flash is working on my Windows 10 HP Mobile Workstation using IE why is it not testing okay in Edge?  

I also have Firefox installed, Shockwave Flash 27.0.r0 add-on  always activate option is selected and in Chrome my settings for flash is set to the recommended, ask first as opposed to block sites.

So, in summary, I don't know what was causing the original popup to upgrade Flash, you stated to me I believe in the email that no version of Adobe Flash comes bundled with McAfee yet what I was getting from Adobe (refer to URL in my post) did.  I switch around the four browsers, I.E., Edge, Firefox, and Chrome depending on site visiting using 2-3 extended screens from my Notebook, with IE being the most used.  After running an exe file, have never had to my knowledge it disappear  As a result, I don't know what to report in terms of your advice resolving the problem I was having that for now, is no longer appearing, before I clicked on your solution.  I am scratching my head in bewilderment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IE and Edge handle Flash differently.  To troubleshoot Flash Player in Edge, see

you stated to me I believe in the email that no version of Adobe Flash comes bundled with McAfee yet what I was getting from Adobe (refer to URL in my post) did.

That's not what I said.  In my message to you, I said "flashplayer28ppau_ha_install.exe should not include the McAfee offering"  There are other files that do include McAfee, if the user chooses to install it.

After running an exe file, have never had to my knowledge it disappear 

This is expected behaviour with the online shim installers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines