• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Max RAM supported?

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the process of cobbling together a recommendation for my work on the new iMac Pros and am looking for max RAM supported in CC, specifically InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.  I work in grand format design and printing and need something with some heft to since a lot of files are multiple GBs.

TIA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

those programs can use all the ram your system has (but you should allow 4gb for other things).

[moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Hardware Forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm in the process of cobbling together a recommendation for my work on the new iMac Pros and am looking for max RAM supported in CC, specifically InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.  I work in grand format design and printing and need something with some heft to since a lot of files are multiple GBs.

Yo can't go beyond 128 GB on those Macs, anyway plus long before you even reach those limits, some other limitations may kick in or programs use other methods, so it's a moot point for the most part. E.g. loading a large image in PS may simply totally disable GPU acceleration and PS would still use its swap files, so regardless of the theoretical specs of your machine it might be slow. It's simply the nature of the thing. Not every problem can be solved with hardware, especially with some of Adobe's dated atrocious software.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines