• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't access digital certificates not working on main laptop - but works okay on other machines

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 2016 I was able to use the digital certificates to sign forms on my main laptop (requires a lincpass for access), but starting in 2017 I was not able to (the certificates are there), but don't come up in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC on my main laptop.  I tried another laptop (also accessed with my lincpass card) and the I can sign the form. How do I get it to work again on my main laptop.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Thanks for the note.

In the interim, I was able to ‘upgrade’ to Adobe Acrobat DC – and when I launched it, it asked somehthing like ‘do you want certificates’ - I said yes. And now I can sign electronically.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richards,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Try following troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue:

1- Update Reader to the latest patch if you haven't already- click check for updates under help menu.

2- Launch Reader as an administrator- Run an Adobe program as administrator | Windows 7, Vista

Is there any error message when trying to use digital certificates? What is the dot version of Reader you have on the machine: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Have you tried with another form to check if its not related to this specific form only? Operating system running on the machine- Mac/Windows?

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the note.

In the interim, I was able to ‘upgrade’ to Adobe Acrobat DC – and when I launched it, it asked somehthing like ‘do you want certificates’ - I said yes. And now I can sign electronically.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear that the issue has been resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines