• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Closes out of full screen and Restarts on Breakpoints

Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to not have the video restart on breakpoints? I realize the site is basically reloading for each size, but this is causing a lot of issues on mobile. When someone turns their screen the video stops and has to be restarted. Is there a way to keep the video from restarted once in full screen mode? I know its possible outside of muse, as most sites dont have this problem.

Heres a link to one of pages with a video on it: INNOVENTURE | SLOANimated

i'm using a youtube playlist widget here, but it also happens on pages where I am not using it.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

the (autoplay) options you have in that video are set | controlled by the host and Muse has nothing to do with it

Muse can send the atuostart code to the host server (allows a video to start again after breakpoints) but in this host is blocking it

a breakpoint is seen by the web browser as a new page i.e, resets... there are custom codes that work on some devices but ime for a phone layout your best fix is to straddle the design so that turning a phone on its side does NOT jump to a new breakpoint

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the (autoplay) options you have in that video are set | controlled by the host and Muse has nothing to do with it

Muse can send the atuostart code to the host server (allows a video to start again after breakpoints) but in this host is blocking it

a breakpoint is seen by the web browser as a new page i.e, resets... there are custom codes that work on some devices but ime for a phone layout your best fix is to straddle the design so that turning a phone on its side does NOT jump to a new breakpoint

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you in anyway simplify what you just said?

I have no idea what you're talking about. I have no autoplay options set on the video. It plays when someone hits play. I dont want the video to RESTART, I want it to CONTINUE playing like how every other website in the world works.

I have no idea what you mean by straddle the design.

I also have no idea why this thread was marked answered. My problem is by far not solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

johns94424267  wrote

Can you in anyway simplify what you just said?

I have no idea what you're talking about. I have no autoplay options set on the video. It plays when someone hits play. I dont want the video to RESTART, I want it to CONTINUE playing like how every other website in the world works.

no you can't

johns94424267  wrote

I have no idea what you mean by straddle the design.

web design 1:01 = get it working first then worry about making it pretty

design your layout to limit the number of breakpoints on that page... example = vimeo

this has a breakpoint at 450... anything above that gets the big vid and anything below gets the other i.e, it straddles so a phone at 350 can be turned on its side (as long as it stays under 450) and still play

if your test devices are bigger than 450 then up the breakpoint to 500 or 650 and retest then if the test works you redesign the page to look good at 320-650 and if you can't get that to work then you need to try alt layouts for small | medium devices i.e, phones get this page and tablets get a different page or drop fluid breakpoints and use a fixed breakpoint but your idea that other vids allow breakpoints to keep playing is wrong... a default youtube page is scaling to fit a browser width but it is not jumping breakpoints

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have limited my break points. Still no success. Even the example you've show still stops the video on break points.

Maybe im going about this the wrong way.

You say its not possible, but I know it has to be because any standard website doesnt stop playing a video when it reaches break points. Go to any video on a youtubes site and scale the broswer. The video never stops playing. Is it because youtube doesnt use breakpoints?

I just need the video to continue playing despite resizing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines