• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2018 and Canon Print Studio Pro 2.2 on macOS High Sierra (10.13)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys!

I have an issue with the plug-in Canon Print Studio Pro 2.2..I really hope somebody that experienced my same issue can help.

I was using PSP 2.1 with Ps CC 2018, and it was working perfectly on a 10.12 macOS.

Then as I was going to upgrade to macOS 10.13, I installed PSP 2.2

The issue is that now PSP is not working anymore, neither with 10.12 nor with the upgraded 10.13

Inside PS plug-in folder I have already the PrintStudioPro folder, so it seems is not a matter of missing files.

Any idea?

Thank you

Francesco

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Autosolved.

If anybody with the same issue:

- Install PSP 2.2..it will not work on CC 2018

- Now go to your Application->Canon Utilities->Print Studio Pro folder and launch the app Plug-In Install

- Select "Next" instead of auto installation

- Chose Adobe Photoshop from the compatible list and then select the folder where to install

- Chose as destination folder Application->Adobe Photoshop CC 2018->Plug-Ins and confirm the installation

- Enjoy

Cheers

Francesco

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Autosolved.

If anybody with the same issue:

- Install PSP 2.2..it will not work on CC 2018

- Now go to your Application->Canon Utilities->Print Studio Pro folder and launch the app Plug-In Install

- Select "Next" instead of auto installation

- Chose Adobe Photoshop from the compatible list and then select the folder where to install

- Chose as destination folder Application->Adobe Photoshop CC 2018->Plug-Ins and confirm the installation

- Enjoy

Cheers

Francesco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Have same problem.  I tried step by step.  Not working. 

I am able to print direct from photoshop so the printer is on network.  I have re installed driver, reinstalled printer.  Still same problem "A printer supported by this software is not found. Connect a printer supported by this software, and then install its driver. Exiting Print Studio Pro."

This all happened when I upgraded firmware on printer.

Was working fine even with CC2018

I now have

Print Studio Pro V2.20

Pro 4000 Firmware V 2.01

CC 2018

Mac Pro

OS  10.13.1  High Sierra

Please help anyone

Bruce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THank you Chiotas! It worked! I could launch Print Studio Pro but my image was not appearing in the Print Studio Pro window using Photoshop CC 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this - stopped much head scratching

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I figured out how to get PSP working again with CC2018, but I did so many things (uninstalled, reinstalled etc. etc.)

This is what I believe to be the problem/solution:

When installing the updated PSP plug in from canon website, and selecting the printer/destination:  the default printer automatically selected is defined as "airprint".   I think the software rejects the recognition of this printer because of it.

I was able to delete the printer in the system preferences, then add a new printer and select the canon in the pulldown as a printer that showed up as a standard printer-not an "airprint device".    I did have to re establish the database of custom media profiles for the machine as it was seen as a "new printer"

Im sorry I cannot be more technical and specific as I am recalling from memory.  I am certain the problem relates to the printer choice in the Apple OS system preferences.  Just be sure that the "kind" of printer listed in the system preferences is not "airprint"

Hope this helps.  After doing the install/reinstall/remove/redo gymnastics it all started working again. I suspect the path to the solution will be shorter for you by starting where I finished.

Good Luck

Bruce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This fixed my issue after a lot of unsuccesful uninstalling and re-installing software and drivers. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was afflicted with the same issue of not having the Print Studio Pro (PSP) load into PS CC (2018).

I tried all the logical solutions, until I figured out why not just do things manually (as I do when I shoot photos).

I downloaded PSP from the Canon website (in Support section for Pixma Pro 100) to my desktop. I unstuffed it. I dragged the PSP plugin to the Adobe Photoshop folder in Applications, then to the plugin folder. I restarted PS and voila. It worked.

There obviously is a bug somewhere in the Canon/Adobe software preventing the automatic loading of the plugin.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive an ignorant old man, but how did you unstuff it? I can only get it to install" Thanks for  e

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should just double click while the zip file is in the downloads folder.  It should unstuff and create a regular (uncompressed) folder right above it.   Drag it to desktop.   Double click.  It should start installing.

B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that got it done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!! I've actually been trying to figure this out, back and forth for months!!  Too bad Canon hasn't updated their documentation to include this very essential bit of information. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally!  I have a new iMac 2018 and could not install this.  Turned out I needed to install the print driver again.  I called Canon in NY and the support guy for printers (Pro1) walked me through the installation VERY patiently.  It works on PS 2018 and I am appreciative!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Francesco. That solution worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is new revision  of Print Studio Pro 2.2.1

Print Studio Pro Ver.2.2.1 (Mac)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two Clarifications/Updates:

---------------------------------------------------

[1] The installer file to run is called PSETUP.EXE, and not "Plug-In Install":

[2] The path that you have to manually enter is:

Tip: After clicking once on "Next" for Photoshop (and seeing the success pop-up message), I switched the the radio button selection to Lightroom, and clicked "Next" again, getting again a "success" pop-up message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines