• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

importing an .mov file into photoshop no audio track

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The .mov file is imported and I do hear the audio, but an audio track is not created. I see the video track. I hear the audio when I play it. The issue is I do not see an audio track.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can tell you anything without exact info about your source file, version of PS, your system, audio settings.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you paste a screen shot of your timeline to this thread please?  Or the entire workspace if it is easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest version of Photoshop. I imported an .mov file which plays perfectly in Photoshop and I can hear the audio. Photoshop does not create an audio track when I import the file. Everything else is perfect. Here is the screen shot that shows the video

track but no audio track

1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, it doesn't appear to be there, but it is odd that you can hear it.  Just to make sure, move the timeline up, and un-twirl the video track options to make more room, and make sure the audio is not hidden. 

If there is definitely no audio track, install Handbrake, which no video editor should be without.  Note: I don't know if Handbrake is available for Mac.

https://handbrake.fr/

Run the original file through Handbrake setting the output to MP4 and audio to MP3.  This will get you past any issues with unsupported CODECs.  Please let us know how you get on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What you are showing is normal in Photoshop for a video with embedded audio. If you click at the top right of the clip in the timeline you will see the audio controls.

The separate audio track is for adding additional audio.

If you need to separate the audio - either use handbrake as suggested by Trevor or use a proper video editor like Premiere Pro

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahhh I've learned something.

I never use Photoshop for video though, and it's inability to display the audio wave makes it close to useless IMO.  Proshow Gold is way better for syncing sound to picture.  In fact Proshow is even better than Premiere Pro in this respect. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines