• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2018: Image files will not open

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to CC 2018 my PS stopped opening image files (jpg tiff png etc.) but will still open .psd and .pdf files. When I try to open an image file PS crashes.

The Report log gives me this :

<crash exception="EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" instruction="0x000007FED2086570">

<backtrace crashedThread="0">

<thread index="0">

<stackStatement index="0" address="0x000007FED2086570" symbolname="CTInit"/>

I have tried to disable UGP (Use Graphics Processor) as I have seen in other threads but it does not help.

When I try to go to preferences/Camera Raw it also immediately crashes.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have uninstalled and reverted back to CC 2017. I even tried using the CC cleanup tool. Nothing is working.

Any Suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

FIXED.

After installing PS CC 2015 and running some system updates:

Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3, Graphics Adapter WDDM2.0 - AMD Radeon HD 8490

&

Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2592687)

Reopened PS and it is now allowing me to open image files!

Thanks TD for your suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried opening from Bridge?

Have you tried different ways of opening the files in Photoshop?  That might help pin down where the problem is.

What operating system are you using?  I suspect that is where the issue lies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried numerous ways of opening the files; right click drag to clipboard, opening from bridge, nothing is working

I am operating on Windows 7.

Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD8490.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And yet PSD and PDF files open OK....   Hmmm...  it's a strange one.   

Would you mind installing a previous version of Photoshop to test that it is related to CC2018.  You can install a previous version along side CC2018, but perhaps CC2015 would be safest.

If it is definitely only happening with CC2018, raise it on the Feedback site where the likes of Jeff Tranberry will respond.

In fact I found this on that site, so there might well be an issue.  At least a previous version will get you up and running while it is being sorted out, but you should have to be jumping through hoops like this.   We are just users here the same as you, but I still feel the need to say sorry.

Photoshop 2018 keeps crashing every time I try to open an image | Photoshop Family Customer Communit...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I installed CC 2015 and it will allow me to open files!?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FIXED.

After installing PS CC 2015 and running some system updates:

Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3, Graphics Adapter WDDM2.0 - AMD Radeon HD 8490

&

Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2592687)

Reopened PS and it is now allowing me to open image files!

Thanks TD for your suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I have been having this exact same issue for over 6 months with no answers on how to fix it. It is most irritating! Started after updating to CC 2018. There are other computers here that have no problems so I know it has to most likely be this specific station but I don't know why. After installing the CC 2015 version and doing those updates were you able to start using the 2018 version again or are you still using the 2015? I know nothing about the graphics adapters and how to even go about updating anything that might need it. I am running Windows 7 Professional. Just wondering where to start. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines