• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC -> Lightroom Classic selective sync possible?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

After some initial head-scratching, I have embraced the new cloud-based LR CC, primarily because of what I consider a fantastic workflow made possible on the go using my iPad Pro (with the Apple pencil). It allows me to not only do culling on the road, but what I for 90% of my use cases would consider full-fledged editing, meaning from straight-out-of-camera to share/print ready. Its amazing, and saves me so much time.

However, I still need LR Classic for certain more advanced use cases which require 3rd party plugins, namely timelapse editing (LRTimelapse) and HDR editing (Aurora HDR). For this reason, I'd like to be able to keep only certain images between LR CC and LR Classic.

In an ideal world, this would be my workflow:

Use case A:

1. Import images into LR CC (on my iPad for example), and then filter out certain images in need of processing on the desktop (HDR images, for example). Then I'd create a specific album with these pictures only.

2. Then in LR Classic (with LR CC sync turned on) I'd then see this album as a collection, and I'd be able to go ahead and edit the images using 3rd party plugins, and

have the final result sync back to LR CC (since it would live in the same collection)

Use case B:

- And other way around, I'd like to create a Collection in LR Classic and have it sync to LR CC for editing there. The use-case here is my timelapse workflow; I'd like to edit keyframes of the timelapse on my iPad and have the edits sync back to LR Classic

Now from what I understand, this workflow isn't currently possible. I've read a number of posts on here and gotten a good understanding of the LR CC/Classic sync relationship - https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2396946 was especially helpful. So, please consider my observations below and let me know if I am mistaken:

Use case A:  This is possible, but the caveat is that this would force me to sync all my CC albums to LR Classic (as collections). I've found no way to do a selective sync. I do not need nor want all my images (albums) from LR CC show up in LR Classic and take up harddrive space - this is what I have LR CC on my desktop for.

Use case B: I've understood that it is possible to create a collection in LR Classic and have it sync to LR CC, and that this is selective so that I don't have to sync all my collections in this direction. However, I've also understood that this would only sync smart previews, and not full RAW files to LR CC, somewhat limiting my editing capabilities.

All answers, workflow tips and general insight on this whole syncing crazyness is greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

No, there's no selective sync from LRCC. See today's thread Working Between Classic CC and Lightroom CC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there's no selective sync from LRCC. See today's thread Working Between Classic CC and Lightroom CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, thanks for clarifying. Hope this will be catered for in the future

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt that it will be. Adobe seem to regard these apps as alternatives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, thats becoming clear to me.

As a result, I'm creating a new LR Classic catalog to be used in isolation, i.e. not synced with CC, and I'll do my desktop edits there. If needed, I guess I'll have to manually export RAW files from LR CC to edit elsewhere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines