• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Placing images in indesign that turn black & white?

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've opened a document in indesign and have been placing images in all morning. However, all of a sudden the images I place in are turning black or white when I place them into the document, depending on the page I place them on? Can anyone help on how to rectify this? Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2016 Jan 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screen shot would help...

Version of InDesign and OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2016 Jan 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does either the image in the frame or the frame (the whole object) has the blending mode Luminosity rather than normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just solved this, sorry for the long delay!

You may need to open in Photoshop, ignore the embedded ICC profile, and re-save with new color profile. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The images won't open in Photoshop? It says PS doesn't support this type of file. It is a .tif   ????

I received the files from an artist. Could it be a platform issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved my situation. Was an easy fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2019 Aug 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved my solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resaving the image in Apple Preview worked for me.  But the bigger question is, WHAT IN THE HELL IS ADOBE THINKING?!?

Workflows and pipelines that don't exclusively use Adobe Products are starting to fail left and right.

I used to be able to drag and drop from Keynote to Illustrator/Indesign with ease. Not I get black images, strange text links and sometimes nothing at all. 

I need integration in my platforms.  As a researcher, I make progress reports biweekly in Keynote.  When it is indesign final report time I need fast integration.

The way this is going I am looking for alternatives to the Adobe Products I use because this is ridiculos. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

old thread, but this just happened to me. it happens when i relink an embedded image in illustrator. if i place the image again, it displays fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FUK Adobe is a pain in the ass nothing ever works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You know - this is a community forum, used by adults, students and potentially younger teenagers. 

It's probably a good idea not to use expletives. 

Thanks

This is a very old thread - over 5 years old. If you're having issues please start a new thread and provide

Operating System

Version of InDesign

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines