• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere CC 2018 Playback Delay after pressing the Play button

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In previous version of Premiere when i Press Space it starts immediately playng.

In CC 2018 it starts after nearly 1 second with MERCURY ON and immediately if disabled.

Z620 32GB K4000 

CPU: DUAL 2640

iNSTALLED VARIOUS VERSION OF GRAPHIC CARD DRIVERS.

INSTALLED ON A FRESH INSTALLED WINDOWS AND AGAIN THE SAME THING.

IT DOES THIS WITH ANY FILE FORMAT OR SEQUENCE TEMPLATE.

PLEASE!

Message was edited by: Moderator

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

This issue is now fixed on my system with the 12.0.1 update to Premiere. Thanks Trent Happel​ and team!

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 118 Replies 118
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is being investigated. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having difficulty playing the video (HD 1080p) ever since I upgraded from CC 2017 to CC 2018. Need a quick solution.

I have a iMac 27" 2013, 3.5 Intel Core i7, Memory 32GB,

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this serious? Can Adobe try their updates with a professional video editor before launch it? This delay when pressing Space is inadmissible. Still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find the solution to this problem?

I have the same issue, but only in one project. Other projects work fine (all projects are shot with the same equipment and settings), but one project has this playhead delay for 1-2 seconds. None of the rendering (in and out; audio) doesn't help. It is impossible to edit like this... Need help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No!

Adobe is not saying anything about this!

Didn't find a solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ElvisB,

No!

Adobe is not saying anything about this!

Didn't find a solution!

Did you contact our agents yet? File a case with us. Here's how: FAQ: How do I contact Adobe Support? Please work with them in solving your case.

That said, your issue may be "project specific" and not a bug. Project issues like this can be described as "corrupt project files." If you have updated a project across a major new version of Premiere Pro, it is subject to such corruption.

Personally, rather than updating a project file, I import existing project files to brand new projects when carrying a project forward. That seems to produce much less of this unexpected behavior than updating the file.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-Brand New Project

-Various Projects

-Various timelines

-Various video and stills too

-Same timeline as video

As i can say they are various graphic cards that have this problem. I asked around and freelancers with K4000 are having the same problem.

As i sad in the beginning i tried more than 5 different drivers for my k4000.

And a fresh installed Windows

Tried the new k4000 in another pc and the same happend.

2017 and above versions of Premiere worked super.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My system was working fine on monday then on tuesday Microsoft released a Spectre/Meltdown patch which I'm sure has to do with this since it is known that the patch slows system performance. I didn't see my chip on the list of affected chips but I may be missing something (i5-6600).

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4090007/intel-microcode-updates

Now I'm having this issue everyone else is having in 12.0.1. I have a project file where clicking play on the playback window or pressing space bar on the timeline does nothing. Clicking around the timeline is very slow. Starting a new project and adding video works fine. What info can I submit to Adobe to help narrow down this bug?

Windows 10 64-bit

i5-6600

GTX 960 391.01 - WHQL released Mon Feb 26, 2018

32GB RAM

Samsung 960 Pro 256GB OS latest firmware

Samsung 950 Evo 500GB Media Cache latest firmware

Source media on external seagate 4TB 7200rpm drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having a lot of lags during playback... Already tried everything mentioned before... Win 10 / GPU 1080p ti 11gb / CPU Ryzen 1950x / 32 gb Ram... Rushs are : 1080 p - H264 / 25 fps

Any idea how to solve this? It's almost impossible to work properly with so many lags during playback...

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this issue is not fixed in v12.1 Kentos. Here is a link to my Tweet I just made containing a video showing the problem. I also realized after shooting the video if I unlink the video tracks from the audio tracks and delete all the audio tracks playback is instant and scrubbing is instant with no issues. It looks like the problem has to do with the audio device initializing on playback, something is hanging it up for a few seconds but once it start playing it's fine. I have a Yamaha MG10XU Audio Interface. I tried MME and ASIO with the same level of lag and even tried switching to the RealTek internal audio stack on my motherboard and the same thing happens.

Can I attach a debugger and reproduce this for you with a break point or telemetry of some kind so you can figure out which API is hanging the stack? It's also causing lots of not responding issues when playing back and stopping rapidly like double tapping the space bar and sometimes it locks completely and won't return and I have to kill and restart.

Tweet with Video

https://twitter.com/Barnacules/status/1039759419955920896

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having similar issues, wish they'd figure something out. Thought it was Intel turbo boost or the RAM being set to XMP but that only worked for two mins after disabling it. I have a sneaking suspicion it has to do with the audio interface. I've used both an M Box and Saffire (firewire 400) rack unit. There is a delay in selecting menus, playhead stutters across the timeline, slow response on scrubbing and it gets slower as time goes on in the project.

I'm not overclocking, and XMP is disabled as well.

Specs:

Asus X299 Deluxe

Intel - Core i9-7940X 3.1GHz 14-Core Processor

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LED 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition

Samsung 970 EVO 500GB - NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 SSD (OS)

Crucial MX300 2TB 3D NAND SATA 2.5 Inch Internal SSD (Cache)

Windows 10 Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jerryb20706886, can you take a screenshot of your Preferences - Audio Hardware screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 11.08.55 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robert Mead​ can you also screenshot your Preferences - Playback screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 11.21.30 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per AJA, your Audio Hardware preferences and Playback Audio Device should never be both set to AJA. I recommend the following settings which work for all 15 of my editors:

FYI Maximum Buffer Mode on AJA will give you the worst scrubbing performance. Minimum or Standard is recommended.

1.png

2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have scrubbing issues with the maximum setting but I've set it to standard for good measure.  We'll see how it plays.  I need to have the AJA audio output because I'm cutting in 5.1.  The is my first major feature film in Premiere but I've had extensive use with AJA in 5.1 cutting in 2K with Avid no problem.  If I wasn't coming into this gig as a fixit editor I would be in Avid or DaVinci no question.  Premiere might be fine for commercials, music videos or short format programs but I'm continuously proven right that Adobe Premiere is not ready for primetime on the big stage of long form feature films.   Bummer.

And FYI: As a test just now I switched over to the Audio Preferences you suggested and I still have the performance issue with the start stop delay I was having with the AJA Device selected.  The only way I can correct the problem is by switching off Mercury Transit.  Then everything becomes lighting fast.  I can only deduct that Premiere can't handle outboard gear very well.

I appreciate you taking the time to try and troubleshoot this with me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robert, does this delay occur if you start a brand new project, add bars and tone, add it to a sequence, and attempt to play it back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Yes it does.  I just now created a new project followed by creating bars and tone.  Then created a new sequence from the clip and the stop delay still occurs.  The play response time seems pretty good.  I'm not seeing the delay much honestly (but that is the same for both projects) but I'm getting about a 6 frame delay from when I push stop to when the playhead actually stops.  I'm sure you can imagine how difficult that makes surgical fine tune editing.  Especially when editing dialog.

Considering how messy the project I'm working in seems to me... the performance is actually not horrible.  The main issue is that I'm having is that stop delay.  I don't know enough about Premiere projects to understand all how the program is optimizing all it's reference material.  I have about 12TB of 2k proxy media and close to 100 hrs of footage.   And no, It's not a documentary... what a joke. 

Again, thanks for the attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are experiencing this with bars and tone, then your issue does not lie with your media.

What about if you take your bars and tone and remove the audio track. Does the bars track only play back without delay?

I think you said if you turn off Mercury transmit the issue goes away. What if you detach your AJA device but leave Mercury transmit on, does the delay still occur? With and without audio on the timeline?

I'm just trying to get to the root of the issue here, I've heard of these issues before but I've been unable to duplicate this issue on any of my test machines nor on my editor's machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I should've posted that here before:

If you leave the AJA IO 4K attached to the system and play the bars and tone with OR without audio in the timeline the delay remains.

No performance change.

If you detach the AJA box from the system and play the timeline with OR without audio in the timeline the and "LEAVE ON" mercury transit the problem will correct itself and the Start/Stop performance will be lightning fast just as it should be.

Thank you Jeff because doing this exercise I NOW HAVE CONFIRMED this issue (for me at least is a direct link to the AJA box itself.

I have 3 devices in a Thunderbolt daisy chain attached to the system.  The AJA IO 4K and 2 8TB Thunderbolt Drives.  The AJA box being the closest to the machines in the chain.

The only element I couldn't take out of the equation on the Mac AND PC side was that the interface to both machines is Thunderbolt 3.  The AJA box and drives are all Thunderbolt 2 running through the Apple Thunderbolt 2 -> Thunderbolt 3 adapter.  I momentarily thought the adapter could have been the issue but IT IS NOT.

Attaching the Thunderbolt 2 drives through the adapter without the presence of the AJA box fixed the start/stop delay problem.  (Running the project file locally with the drives worked perfectly) Unfortunately this still isn't a solution for working with a director and cutting in 5.1.  But at least it's been narrowed down.  I don't know if it is on the Adobe side or the AJA side but these two devices are not gel'n together

Running the latest version of AJA software and Premiere.  This should be addressed.

I might try rolling back the AJA software at some point to see if that remedies the problem.  The just recently had a major update so who knows.

My apologies for the long rant about this but hopefully this will help someone that might be in the same configuration.

System this was testing on as follows:

AJA IO 4K

AJA control panel 14.2.1.5

Macbook Pro 2016 15"

2.9 i7

16gig RAM

PC:

i7 - 8 Core

32gig RAM

1080 TI AMP Graphics

ThunderboltEX 3 PCI Card

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you remove the Thunderbolt drives from the daisy chain does the start/stop delay occur? Just your Mac/PC with the AJA device attached?

Are you running the latest firmware on your IO4k? (Firmware, not software). This can be checked in the AJA ControlPanel under the Firmware tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CORRECTION

Ohh-kay:

Well I was correct before by saying the AJA box is indeed part of the problem but I believe the problem truly lives in Adobe Premiere. 

I have rolled back my AJA software and flashed the proper (current per version) firmware for each software version and the Start/stop delay still remains.  Even when taking other Thunderbolt devices out of the chain and using the AJA project solo with a local project testing just Bars and Tone - with and without audio.  The delay still remains.

Testing both rolled back software and firmware for AJA on Avid and FCPX work flawlessly with the transport controls. 

Jeff, I've got nothing left.  This must be a communication hiccup in Premiere, no?

This is indeed a pesky little bug that AJA or Adobe should look into.   I need to go back to work... with my delay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is a long shot but do you have any spare Thunderbolt cables? Could be worth a test to try the AJA device with a different cable.

Also, does the same issue manifest on both your Mac and PC environments?

One last thing to try would be to install Premiere CC2017 and see if the same issue occurs there. I found the latest version of CC2017 was extremely reliable and worked almost 100% as expected. I'd be curious to know if this AJA delay issue is prevalent in the 2017 version of Premiere. This would at least narrow down the troubleshooting if it works fine in 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines