Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Face recognition in new Lightroom CC

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm switching from Apple Photos to Lightroom CC. I miss the face recognition like in Lightroom CC Classic.

When will it be added?

Thanks and kind regards,

Martin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Thanks Martin for the update. We are definitely working on the road-map of developing features based on feedback from our valuable customers like you. Please add your vote to this discussion Lightroom CC: Please add face recognition | Photoshop Family Customer Community as our Engineers do track it for future developments.

Lightroom CC vs. Lightroom Classic CC | Adobe

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin,

Face detection feature is not available in Lightroom CC unlike the Classic CC.

Please refer this detailed discussion Face recognition in new lightroom CC and let us know if you have any additional query.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

I already saw this discussion. My interpretation of this is that face recognition will come. I want to know, when.

I tried Lightroom CC (Classic) since I didn't knew there are two versions of Lightroom. Yesterday. I decided for an Abo, was happy about the new Lightroom CC, but just until I found out that many important features are missing.

Do you have a roadmap when the missing features will be added? Or can you tell me/us at least that Face Recognition, GPS etc. will come in the near future?

Thanks,

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding the new Lightroom CC, there are no features that are "missing". Lightroom CC is a new application in its infant stage, starting at version 1. It is going in a new direction and is aimed at a different type of user. It will grow and change, and features will be added. What features, and when they will be added is something that will never be announced in advance. Lightroom CC shouldn't be considered as an upgrade or replacement for the "old" Lightroom because the "old" Lightroom is still being supported and developed as well. You, the user, should evaluate both programs and decide which one is going in the direction that suits your workflow and then choose accordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JimHess​: I understand that Lightroom CC is a new software. But as a paying customer, I currently feel more like a beta tester than a user of professional software. But I give Lightroom CC a chance and hope my monthly contribution will help to retrofit the missing features soon.

@ Akash Sharma: Thanks for the link, I gave Face Recognition and other feature-requests my vote.

However, I am pleased that your team is listening to the customer and endeavors to implement customer requests.

Kind regards
Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Martin for the update. We are definitely working on the road-map of developing features based on feedback from our valuable customers like you. Please add your vote to this discussion Lightroom CC: Please add face recognition | Photoshop Family Customer Community as our Engineers do track it for future developments.

Lightroom CC vs. Lightroom Classic CC | Adobe

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines