Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default brushes CC 2018

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to access the default brushes in CC 2018 ?

Looks like they have been removed in favour of Kyle's brushes ?

Thanks,

Jason

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

These settings seem to take you back to CC2017, but note the Legacy Brushes folder at the bottom of the panel.

Most of these new features take a little bit of getting used to, but usually work out for the better.  Do you remember the crop tool change?  That annoyed the heck out of me back then, but I'd never go back to the old way now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These settings seem to take you back to CC2017, but note the Legacy Brushes folder at the bottom of the panel.

Most of these new features take a little bit of getting used to, but usually work out for the better.  Do you remember the crop tool change?  That annoyed the heck out of me back then, but I'd never go back to the old way now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh, thank you so much Trevor, appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I may well be being dense, but how do I get that menu up?

I am sure it is simple.

Thanks

Fred

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fred.  Select the brush tool, and right click inside the document/image window.  You can drag the bottom right corner to size it when open, and click on the gear icon to access display options and more brush sets.  If you are a Windows user, those additional sets live in the folder shown below.

Note: You need to make Hidden Files and Folders visible from the View tab in File Explorer, and swap my Username for your own. When Photoshop installs a major update, the App Data file hierarchy for the previous version is left on the drive so you can copy them across to the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you Trevor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines