• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do I still have to build a mobile layout with a responsive site?

Engaged ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was very happy when I found out that Muse can now build responsive websites because I hated how I had to do a phone layout and a tablet layout back in the day. Now that I'm almost finished building my responsive website I realize that rollover buttons don't work on mobile devices. I thought the whole point of building a responsive website is so that I don't have to build separate layouts for the mobile devices, no?? Do I still have to do this? What am I missing here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

No, you don’t have to build separate layouts any more.

Rollover buttons are  „difficult“ on mobile touch devices. These devices don’t know a rollover state. How should they? Your finger is on the display or not. You can’t hover over an element as you do with a mouse and thus provoke an action.

If you have a different issue: Could you give us a small(!!) .muse file (Only one page, only one rollover button and nothing more), to demonstrate the problem? Use Dropbox, C Files, or a similar service and

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you don’t have to build separate layouts any more.

Rollover buttons are  „difficult“ on mobile touch devices. These devices don’t know a rollover state. How should they? Your finger is on the display or not. You can’t hover over an element as you do with a mouse and thus provoke an action.

If you have a different issue: Could you give us a small(!!) .muse file (Only one page, only one rollover button and nothing more), to demonstrate the problem? Use Dropbox, C Files, or a similar service and follow these instructions: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that there is no such a thing as a rollover button on a mobile device. I just thought that any rollover buttons on the desktop layout would turn into static images on the mobile versions. It just makes sense. The problem is that these days some of those mobile devices (like the iPad Pro) has a resolution higher than most desktops. So even if I add a breakpoint on the page and manually turn all the rollover buttons into static images for any resolution below 900 width the iPad Pro would still get the rollover buttons. Which left me thinking - I guess I still need a phone and tablet layout if I want to have rollover buttons... hence my question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They may be converted to swipe buttons and most muse widgets offer that but I don't see any reason to convert them to static images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines