• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing adjustment presets [Mac]

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened Photoshop CC 2018 today to do some work and noticed that my curve presets were missing. I then checked the other adjustment presets and all of those are missing too. I thought maybe they needed to be imported so I checked the preset folder in the library folder and it is empty.

To give some background, I recently got a new computer and decided to update my Photoshop to the latest version. Prior to that I was working with an older version (maybe 2015?). I'm 100% sure I had all these presets in my old version of Photoshop and they just came pre-installed with the program.

The really bizarre thing is, I re-installed the older version of CC to prove to myself I'm not crazy and all of the presets are there. But wait, there's more! I thought I would just migrate the presets from the old version to the new version but the old versions preset folder is empty too.

Below are screen captures showing the presets in the drop down menu and then the empty menu with no presets

Just to reiterate, these are not presets I made myself, they are the standard presets that come with every version of photoshop I've worked with.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Screen Shot 2018-01-04 at 3.44.54 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-01-04 at 3.45.30 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

I'll give it a try. Photoshop CC 2018 keeps stock curves presets in the Applications/Photoshop CC 2018/Presets/Curves folder

Custom Presets are kept in the User Library folder under Application Support/Adobe  Stock presets do not belong there.

If  you not have them, uninstall and reinstall.

Screen Shot 2018-01-04 at 6.13.44 PM.png

User defined.

Screen Shot 2018-01-04 at 6.07.00 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Goodness, that is a high res screen!  But still usable at 200% (I'm assuming)

I hesitate to suggest too much with you using a Mac.  You could use the page below to find the presets under a prevcious vcersion and copy them across, but it would almost certainly be quicker to reinstall Photoshop.

Photoshop CS6 preference file functions, names, locations

I'll edit your subject to show that you are using a Mac, which will attract people with relevant experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give it a try. Photoshop CC 2018 keeps stock curves presets in the Applications/Photoshop CC 2018/Presets/Curves folder

Custom Presets are kept in the User Library folder under Application Support/Adobe  Stock presets do not belong there.

If  you not have them, uninstall and reinstall.

Screen Shot 2018-01-04 at 6.13.44 PM.png

User defined.

Screen Shot 2018-01-04 at 6.07.00 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I was looking for them in the wrong presets folder. The old versions folder had what I was looking for so I just manually copied them to the new version without having to reinstall. Still unsure how they were just MIA, so weird.  Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines