Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC 2018 Paste Edit Setting not working for multiple images

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can't find an appropriate answer to this anywhere.

In previous Lightroom versions you could copy and paste/sync edit settings across multiple images easily.

With Lightroom CC 2018, copy and paste flat out doesn't work when multiple images are highlighted.

It will paste the settings to the image in the window but not the others selected in the Filmstrip view.

Also, I have not seen the option to copy *all" settings - for example, crop does not paste over to any images - even if doing one at a time.

This seems like it should be a dramatically easy thing to do but I can't figure it out and can't find anywhere online where people are having the same problem.

Have a number of timelapses with 1000+ images just waiting to be edited because this seemingly simple feature hasn't been catered for in an easy-to-use way in Lightroom CC (it seems anyway).

Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

That's right, copy/paste to multiple photos isn't in the new Lightroom CC app. It's not an upgrade from previous versions - it's the first release of an entirely new app. Lightroom Classic, which is the next version on from previous Lightroom versions does still have the copy/paste you're looking for, and hopefully it'll be added to Lightroom CC before too long too.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right, copy/paste to multiple photos isn't in the new Lightroom CC app. It's not an upgrade from previous versions - it's the first release of an entirely new app. Lightroom Classic, which is the next version on from previous Lightroom versions does still have the copy/paste you're looking for, and hopefully it'll be added to Lightroom CC before too long too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see - thanks Victoria.

Makes Lightroom CC almost completely useless to me but whatevs.

Not sure why they'd release a product without such a basic feature.

Re-downloading Lightroom Classic now.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does seem pretty early to be releasing it, I have to agree. Existing Lightroom users aren't really their target audience, but they didn't communicate that very well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure this out? I just upgraded to CC from classic.  I do real estate photography and I NEED the sync/batch feature. This is ridiculous that it isn't in CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah - see comment marked as "answer"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that this is not available in the new app.  (BTW the new app is an outstanding offering for us non-pro enthusiasts.)

My only critical feedback is that the user interface makes it appear that this feature is available when it is not.  I wish Adobe would clean this up.  I can Copy Edit Settings from one image and then select multiple images from the filmstrip and click "Paste Edit Settings".  I believe it applies the edits to the image in the Detail viewer, but not to all images in the filmstrip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paste edit settings only works in an open edit window on one photo at the time.  there is no shortcut.  there is no ability to exclude certain edits, like local edits or crop.  Again, useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would just like to chime in here and say this is beyond ridiculous.

I imagine there are people that work at Adobe that actually use these products and they have to be as stumped as I am that you cannot have a workflow in the new Lightroom CC that involves applying the same settings to multiple photos. A typical import for me is about 150 photos. They generally all have the same look and settings and if I edit one, I should be able to edit all of them and be close to done. As it stands right now, I have to click on 150 photos can press CTRL - C... at a MINIMUM.

It looks like I need to go back to the old Lightroom until this one works. I hope that they do not discontinue it in the meantime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to find a solution to this since the release as well. No reason why they should not add that functionality to LrCC; it is a sorely lacking part of the workflow. I've been working in classic on the desktop so I can do batch edits on my timelapses as well. I can't even do it on my phone; why can't i select all and paste? Seems like a reasonable enough request. Please Adobe, please allow us to copy and paste settings across multiple files in LrCC all-around....  thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Lightroom Classic CC, I don't understand why you're even trying to do these things with the new Lightroom CC. This program isn't even targeted at you right now. It might be in the future as it evolves and matures. But it isn't what I consider a "real" photographer's tool right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JimHess - useless response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for pointing that out, Christian. I think it behooves me to learn whatever Adobe is adding to the CC suite for which I may have a use. For all we know the new LrCC may eventually be built up to become the new standard, and LrClassic will cease to be developed. I've seen it happen. I'm not going to ignore it for the reasons that Jim states tight in his reply. "right now" "might be" "evolves and matures". Not gonna wait to learn it from the ground up once they ditch classic, and I promise you they will. Some day. Not right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 25, 2017 Dec 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the new Lightroom CC is very basic but copying develop settings and pasting them to multiple images is also a very basic function. Stop acting like people are crazy or stupid for expecting this very basic feature to be included. Even the most amateur person requires this feature to keep them sane when dealing with the thousands to 10's of thousands of images the basic target person takes basically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plus, new CC has a complete presets tool panel with editing, saving & organizing presets. Why the hell you will spend time making presets if you just cant apply them to a group of photos, stupid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tmptmptmp  wrote

Yes, the new Lightroom CC is very basic but copying develop settings and pasting them to multiple images is also a very basic function. Stop acting like people are crazy or stupid for expecting this very basic feature to be included. Even the most amateur person requires this feature to keep them sane when dealing with the thousands to 10's of thousands of images the basic target person takes basically.

I don't mean to imply that people are crazy or demanding unrealistic things in Lightroom CC. As I understand it, the goal in Lightroom CC is to have a consistent interface across ALL devices. In other words, any feature available on one device is to be available on ANY device. I'm at a disadvantage because I don't use a smart phone and I don't use tablets. But from my vantage point and from my observations, it seems to me that it would be difficult to paste develop settings to multiple images on mobile devices. DIFFICULT, but not impossible. And "maybe" that is what is taking time. I don't work for Adobe, don't have any inside information on what is going on in the development of Lightroom CC. But this is new technology. And it seems to me that if we want it to really work the way it should then we need to give Adobe time to get it right. I agree that pasting to multiple images is a basic function. I could have used it the other day. But it isn't there right now. Remember, this is only version 1.2. Lightroom Classic CC is at version 10 or more. Let's give Adobe a little time to catch up with this one. In the meantime, enjoy Lightroom CC for what it is and simply make suggestions for what it isn't. Really, I'm not the bad guy here.

In the meantime, the best we have is to do the standard copy command on the image that we want to copy the settings and then use the paste command on each image that we want to paste those settings to. It ain't elegant, but it'll have to do for the time being. That's Ctrl/C & Ctrl/V And the Mac equivalent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doing this for 400+ photos at work where I have to use the new Lightroom - such a painful hour ahead

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/The+Piece+Hall+Trust  wrote

Doing this for 400+ photos at work where I have to use the new Lightroom - such a painful hour ahead

Why? This feature was added months ago. Just copy the settings to the clipboard then switch to Grid view to paste to as many as you can select.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This only works on Desktop version.

I just bought the new 2018 iPad Pro, hopping to be able to get rid of my Mac and work a full wedding on the iPad. I just discover that whereas I could process multiple photos on my MBP, it’s impossible on the iPad.

I’m clearly thinking about bringing it back to the Apple Store, if Adobe isn’t even able to procvide such a simple feature. Even VSCO app allows that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Victoria! It will save me some time in the future, before my membership expires and I will purchas more sofisticated version of LR. Regards, Ivanka Mitrovic phtotography

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous from Adobe again. I had some stupid bug in Photoshop, took weeks to update it. Dont understand why you cant just copy and paste a preset to a group of selection in a professional software at this price. We are in 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kyulkyul, Lightroom CC is not designed for a professional audience, at least at this time. Lightroom Classic remains the tool of choice for professionals - and you'll be pleased to know it does have the batch editing you're looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is, of course, a great idea. To help make it a reality please go to this post and vote for it:

Lightroom CC: Ability to copy/sync settings/adjustments across a group of photos | Photoshop Family ...

Lightroom CC was never meant to be an upgrade or replacement for Lightroom Classic so naturally it won't have some of the features you know and love but just like the original Lightroom (anyone remember Shadowland?) (...Scheweland?) Lightroom CC is a work in progress. Adobe wants and values the input from the photographic community which again, just like the original, will be used to develop a cool new product.

Thanks again for the passion and ideas you bring to these forums. You help more than you know!

P.S. Want to read a super cool post about the origins of Lightroom? Here ya go:

PhotoshopNews: Photoshop News and Information » Archive » The Shadowland/Lightroom Development Story

I found out about Shadowland from Seth Resnick after taking one of his D65 seminars (which was amazing!) and have been in love with Lightroom ever since!

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick if it is not meant to be an upgrade or replacement then why keep the same name?  Also who did you engage to discuss what is needed in the new unrelated version of Lightroom?  If you cannot bulk copy settings then there is no point to the new lightroom other than going back to the original days of catalog only.  If that is the case fine but remove the editing purposes other than meta data and call it a catalog which has merit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No batch edit renders LR useless.  Creative Cloud is a professional software.  "Targeting" customer groups by switching off features to generate income through add ons is a monopolistic practice.  Adobe has been doing thsi for years.  I don't imagine they will react to feedback now either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines