• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digimarc won't install

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have purchased Digimarc for images and cannot get it to install. I have a MacBook Pro OX S Yosemite version 10.10.5 and Photoshop CC2017.

I have tried troubleshooting and rebooting, uninstalling the extension manager and reinstalling it, quitting Photoshop and restarting it. Nothing works. It does not even show up in the filter section at all.

The error says ”This extension cannot be installed, it requires Photoshop version 13 or greater.”

Help!

Pamela Tuckey

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Hello Deb,

Digimarc is compatible with PS 2018 as well. I hope you got a reply from asupport@adobe.com on time to fix your issue.

Regards,

Adobe Exchange Vetting

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Pamela,

Extension Manager is not supported for version above CS6. You have to use Creative Cloud Desktop App for installation. If you have not already installed the Creative Cloud desktop app, please download and install it from https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/desktop-app.html for free.

• Then click on ‘Remove’, then ‘Install’. Please wait a few moments, then check the ‘Activity Stream' in the CC Desktop App, and confirm if it states that installation was successful, or failed?

• If it failed, please provide us with the exact error message and its screenshot.

• If it says successful, please read the ‘Where to Find it’ tab on the add-on homepage (link above) which will tell you where you can find the product after it has been installed.

If you still have some doubts and unresolved issues you can directly email us at asupport@adobe.com

Regards,

Adobe Exchange Vetting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem but with Photoshop CC 2018 on my desktop PC. I have Windows 10 Pro and, due to a hard drive crash and subsequent replacement, my OS and all my application installs are "clean". I ran through every single troubleshooting step and nothing resolved the issue. (I sent a detailed email to asupport@adobe com and to 'support@digimarc.com' and am awaiting a response.)

When I booted up my laptop this morning, Creative Cloud sync licked in and installed the plug-in on my laptop (which also has a new hard drive). I haven't attempted to launch Photoshop on the laptop but that will be my next step.

I did note that that the Digimarc add-in compatibility only includes up to Photoshop CC 2017. While this may be my issue, it does not explain Pamela's problem or the apparent installation success on my laptop (also running Windows 10 Pro).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Deb,

Digimarc is compatible with PS 2018 as well. I hope you got a reply from asupport@adobe.com on time to fix your issue.

Regards,

Adobe Exchange Vetting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done all of the above in your post, and it still doesn't work as described. In fact, when I tried to uninstall the Digimarc add on, it said "Unable to uninstall..." In PhotoShop CC under filters, it shows the Digimarc option, but it is greyed out.

Very frustrating to have spent a couple of hours wading through "fixes" and nothing seems to work. This is on a MacBook Pro, Creative Cloud Desktop installed...

Any help appreciated.

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tony,

If the filter is appearing but is grayed out this indicates that you do not have an image loaded in the proper format. Please load an image in RGB or CMYK in 8 bit mode, and the filter should appear normally.

Take Care,

-Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mike!!! I had been loading it in RGB but 16bit mode. The Digimarc filter works perfectly in 8 bit - sure wish either Adobe or Digimarc made that clear... Or maybe they did and I missed it. Either way, you saved the day!!

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines