• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADOBE PDF IFilter for Windows 7

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Acrobat XI Pro version 11.0.10.  For a long time, searches in Windows Explorer (Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit platform) successfully found text
inside PDF documents, but this has stopped working in the last 5-6 weeks despite NO Windows updates or Adobe Acrobat updates.

After searching the web and the Adobe website, I downloaded PDF iFilter 64 11.0.01 (from the Adobe website

http://supportdownloads.adobe.com/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=5542&fileID=5550).  Have followed all the instructions and it hasn't fixed my problem.

Have followed the instructions re shutting down my PC, restarting it, changing Control Panel System Environment Variables (and I shut down and restarted again).  There are a number of problems with the above:

(1) Adobe says this is "PDF iFilter 64 11.0.01" BUT in the ReadMe.txt file, it says to enter "Adobe PDF iFilter 9 for 64-bit platforms" in
the Sys Env Variables box.  This means that that the system cannot FIND "Adobe PDF iFilter 9 for 64-bit platforms" because the
folder is ACTUALLY called
"Adobe PDF iFilter 11 for 64-bit platforms".  Another nuisance !!  It would help if Adobe provided the correct instructions !!  I did try changing the Sys Env Variables box to Adobe PDF iFilter 11 for 64-bit platforms, but this didn't help.   The PDFFilter.dll file says it is v 11.0.1.36.

(2) the Adobe page containing the file for download says it's for Windows Platform - but does NOT say which platforms.  What a nuisance.  Therefore I was stuck
with doing the download only to find it's not for my particular Windows platform, after downloading and reading the ReadMe.txt file which says the PDF
iFilter 11 downloads is only for Windows XP x64 and Vista x64 (+ 2 other platforms irrelevant to me).  SO IT IS NOT FOR WINDOWS 7 PRO.

Please provide the URL / link for the Adobe PDF iFilter for WINDOWS 7 PROFESSIONAL PLATFORM.

Thanks

Irene

First posted 22 October 2017 & received NO response.  Posted again 9 November 2017

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think that this what you are looking for: Adobe - Acrobat : For Windows : PDF iFilter 64 11.0.01 it states Windows 7 64-bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines