• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Searching a Catalog

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I send someone a link for a Lightroom CC library can they search it as well?  I tried it today and it didn't seem to work, but I was on the trial version of the software. I am thinking  about getting a subscription to that as well.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Are you talking about the new Lightroom CC, the cloud-based version? Or are you talking about the more traditional file-based Lightroom CC that has been around for a few years? If you just send someone the catalog there isn't really much they would be able to do with it because it is just a SQL database. There are no images in the catalog. Can you explain a little more fully what it is that you are trying to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about the new Lightroom CC, the cloud-based version? Or are you talking about the more traditional file-based Lightroom CC that has been around for a few years? If you just send someone the catalog there isn't really much they would be able to do with it because it is just a SQL database. There are no images in the catalog. Can you explain a little more fully what it is that you are trying to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm talking about Lightroom CC. 

I'm not talking about sending the catalog itself, but  rather a link to the synced version online.  Normally it can be used for proofing or other options like that to let people see  a particular catalog, but I was just thinking about trying to find a good visual way to let people in my department see what photos are available to work with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can share albums and send the link to that album to anyone, and that person can then see that album in a browser (and if you've enabled it, the images can be downloaded). If you use the LRCC Web version, you can send a "gallery" of as many albums as you want.

What you can't do is send a link to "the synced version", i.e. you can't send a link to your entire synced library which the person could use to access the library using their version of same LRCC desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They don't have LR.  I just want them to visually be able to see what images I have available for them to use for their content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't matter, they don't need one.

In a browser, when they get the link, press i to see file names.

On an iPsd etc. tap with two fingers to see file names.

This may help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Either way, though, they can't actually search them like I can in Lightroom CC? I thought they had mentioned the search function would be available online too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They can only view the albums that you send them links for. What is it that you are wanting to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to be able to send them a link and let them use the search function to be able to find the pictures they are looking for.

IE if I send them a link to a grouping of photos search for ones that contain golf balls or something of the like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not possible....the search function using AI is only available to you, not to the people you share the link with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can send a webshare link of an Album but not a Catalog yet.

The link isn‘t searchable (as far as I know) but you can set options to allow downloads. Also you can identity files by using the info icon.

To share a Catalog you’d need some kind of Collaborative Catalog sharing which you can vote for here (please do as it’s a feature request I am keen on!):

Lightroom CC: Multiple Collaborative Catalogs/Libraries | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I was actually trying to reach to. Sorry, my wording was off. 

I can create an Album, but I want them to be able to search it as well.  I called Adobe a few months ago and they told me it was possible, but I just haven't seen it yet.  I can't find anyone from Adobe to ask yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines