• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I access ADE cloudsync?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2015 Oct 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Digital Editions keeps sync'ing books that I have deleted.  How can I get my eBooks off ADE's CloudSync?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2015 Oct 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Tried everything.

Retrograding to ADE 3.0 seems to work but it isn't a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2015 Nov 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downgraded to 4.0 for now but plan on making one more attempt to stop the sync'ing and delete the eBooks off of whatever cloud they are on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This now does not get recognised by MacOS Big Sur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2015 Nov 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same prob - really annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After hours uselessly spent on this problem, I propose the following.

When we buy a DRM ebook, we do not buy the ebook itself but the right to access it where it is stored. The DRM ebook we buy is loaded on ADE Cloudsync, and the last thing Adobe wants us to do is get control of this copy. Hence the impossibility to retrieve it nor remove it from ADE Cloudsync once it has been loaded.

My solution to this problem: stop losing time trying something purposefully impossible. Create your own personalized folders within ADE, where you can have full control of the ebooks copied-pasted there, and forget about ADE's default folder where all loaded DRM e-books will keep on popping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2015 Nov 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I give up! Even unchecking cloud sync in preferences wont stop it. I've downgraded to V3 which is fine for me as I just use it to borrow eBooks from my local library which I then delete after they reach their expiry date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2016 Apr 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Would you be able to please confirm whether you are deleting the ebooks from eReader or from computer.

In case it is from eReader, you may try the following and check if you are able to delete the eBook this way:

1. Connect your eReader to your computer.

2. Open ADE on your computer. Make sure you're in "Library" view.

3. To remove titles from your eReader, click on your device under "Devices."

4. Right-click (Control-click for Mac) on the eBook you want to delete.

5. Click Remove from Library to delete the book from your computer or device.

Please try this and let me know if this helps.

In case you still see the same issue, then please let me know does this happens for all ebooks for with some specific ones.

Regards,

Sharad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2016 Jul 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I have done as you described ca 100 times, I have unticked the autosync option, I have manually removed the folders several times. They're still there! Can you please remove 100% of everything that's on my CloudSync? or tell me how to access it so that I can delete it myself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2016 Aug 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Till now just with one newly bought book. All the proposed steps by Adobe haven't worked till now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2016 Sep 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No success with doing this -- keeps attempting to resynchronize books I've already returned to the library, and does this out of control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem. One annoying book stays, even though it expired a long time ago.

The file supposedly has no content (logical, since it expired). However, it keeps appearing in the library.

I keep deleting the file from my computer. Every time I reopen the Digital Editions, it creates a new file for the deleted book in location C:\Users\Documents\My Digital Editions\CloudSync. It´s like a parasite.

Please, staff, could you help with the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem - I have three old epub titles that I try to delete, both from Digital Editions and from my computer, and they reappear every time I open the app. How do I reset the cloud settings? This is unbelievable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2016 Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. very annoying...
I can't tell if Adobe Digital Editions v4.5.2 is the problem or the CloudSync WebService...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with deleted Books reappearing in my library. I don't know if this is a related problem, but I also frequently get a "Content Locked error" on my eReader. It's extremely annoying. I constantly have to de-authorize and re-authorize my ADE before I can read on my eReader. Fix this please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue. I keep unauthorizing, uninstalling and reinstalling ADE and those damn files keep popping up even though I returned the book and deleted the files.

I also turned off the cloud sync option, which seems to have no effect. I even went into Docs/My Digital Editions and manually deleted the CloudSync folder but it just keeps reappearing.

Please fix this or tell us how to access our files in the cloud ffs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted a fix that worked for me at forums.adobe.com at: epub books will not remove from my library

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2020 and I'm still having this problem! Is there a solution???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone! Nearly 2021! Problem still exists! It seems nobody cares

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines