• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Maps Linked to Files in External Projects

Dec 31, 2008 Dec 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to insert an image map into project A that links to a topic in project B. Both projects are merged into the same parent project. I want the linked topic to appear in a popup window. I can make this work if the topic to which I'm linking is within the same project...just not when it's in another project.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Amy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2008 Dec 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Amy and welcome to the RH community.

That is the way that image maps work. If you are using an image map, the linked topic must reside inside the same project. You could link to an external file by clicking the down arrow to the left of the "Link To" field and selecting file, but this does not allow you to display in a popup. Also if you are using CHM files, the selected file would have to be the CHM which would open with the default topic. If you were using Webhelp you could select the individual HTM file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp