• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What if my laptop (Macbook Air) does not meet the minimum requirements?

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a limited version of Lightroom CC (e.g., something more like the mobile app) that I can use on my Macbook Air, if it does not meet the minimum requirements (i.e., the graphics card does not have 1 GB RAM)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

No there is not.

FYI: all iterations of Lr (CC, Classic and Web) run just fine on my MacBook Air.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No there is not.

FYI: all iterations of Lr (CC, Classic and Web) run just fine on my MacBook Air.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.

My MacBook Air is old. The graphics driver is:

NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

It’s one of the ones specifically not supported for Lightroom CC. I just thought there might be something other than the full version that I could use instead.

I have the full version on my Windows based desktop. I was hoping to put it on my MacBook Air as well. But, it looks like that’s not going to be possible. Not ideal, but not the end of the world either.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the specs of your MacBook Air's graphics card? I have a MacBook Air with an Intel HD Graphics 5000 card with 1.5GB vRAM which runs Lightroom CC just fine.

To answer your question, there's no Lightroom lite. So there's no way I'm aware of to run Lightroom without compatible hardware and a supported operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mine is old. Graphics card specs are:

NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

It’s on the list of those specifically not supported.

I just thought there might be something more like the mobile app that I could run on my laptop. Sounds like there isn’t. I have the full version on my Windows based desktop, and thought it would be nice to have some version of it on my laptop as well. Guess that’s not going to happen. Not a huge deal.

Thanks for responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines