• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

frame rate issue 24.218fps / 24.194 ??

Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!  I'm having an issue with ProRes 422 footage exported from Avid Media Composer and wonder if anyone had thoughts.

In the past, when I've exported ProRes and import into AE the file shows up automatically at the correct frame rate (I'm working at 23.976).  But suddenly my ProRes imports are showing up at 24.218 fps.  I can interpret the footage and it appears fine, but I don't understand why this is happening.  If I bring the same quicktime exported from the Avid into Quicktime or Davinci Resolve it shows up at 23.976.  I can't figure out what's going on and it's making me insane!  If I export SameAsSource or h264 from the avid, this does not happen.  If I drag the master source clip in (not from the avid, but directly from the desktop), this does not happen... even if it's a ProRes file.  I'd appreciate any help!  Thank you

AfterEffectsCC2018

AvidMediaComposer 8.9.4

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

A frame is a frame, so fix it by changing the file interpretation to a standard frame rate using File>Interpret Footage. You will never lose frames by changing the interpolation of the footage, you just change the playback time.  Your footage is close enough to 23.976 that you will not notice any pitch changes in the audio. This is a fairly standard problem with a very easy solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds like Ae interprets your video as variable frame rate (which it does not currently support). check your video using media info and see if it is constant or variable frame rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your time!! When you say "check your video using media info" do you mean in AE?  Or quicktime?  I can't see variable frame rate when I "get info" in Resolve/Quicktime/AE.

AE_Resolve_QT.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MediaInfo - Download

should have been more clear. this software is a common tool for evaluating video information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A frame is a frame, so fix it by changing the file interpretation to a standard frame rate using File>Interpret Footage. You will never lose frames by changing the interpolation of the footage, you just change the playback time.  Your footage is close enough to 23.976 that you will not notice any pitch changes in the audio. This is a fairly standard problem with a very easy solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your time.  I'd just never noticed it before and was concerned I had something set incorrectly.  I guess I'll just interpret footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines