• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keywords from prev import keep reappearing during every import

Participant ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Way back in March 2016 I imported a shoot and converted the Canon Raw files to DNG, and since all the shots were from the same performance I added a bunch of generic keywords related to the performance at the import stage. All went well with that collection; however, since that import, now no matter what I try and do with the keywords during any subsequent import (for the last nearly two years) the same keywords from the import on March 2016 reappear after each import amongst the keywords I've added for the subsequent imports. 

Did I change some setting during the import I did on March 2016, and can it be undone?   TIA.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

If you apply a Metadata preset at Import-

ScreenShot043.jpg

'Edit' the preset and scroll to the bottom of the page to see if any Keywords are shown here.

ScreenShot044.jpg

Keywords in this panel will always 'add' if this Preset is used.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you apply a Metadata preset at Import-

ScreenShot043.jpg

'Edit' the preset and scroll to the bottom of the page to see if any Keywords are shown here.

ScreenShot044.jpg

Keywords in this panel will always 'add' if this Preset is used.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much WobertC that was the issue after all that! You are a legend!

I tried to mark your reply as the correct answer, but I can't find that option!!! If it's meant to be in the Actions dropdown, I keep getting the message that no actions are available!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines