• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP - Lightroom is Spawning Multiple Copies of Itself when Clicked to Start

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom Classic CC application when initiated to start (clicked on) opens and then continues to open more and more applications of itself not letting you use or quit them individually. I am currently on a MacBook Pro running macOS High Sierra, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB Ram. It is the current and updated Lightroom Classic. I have 3 shoots that need to be edited, and have attempted to run a malware scanner (found nothing), I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and creative cloud, and I have even run the "cleaner" tool for the applications and all my other adobe applications. Lightroom is the only one that is doing it.

Any Help is Appreciated.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a computer problem. It is not LR. You can't open more than one instance of LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive had the computer checked out by apple, a third party store, and even run two different malware scanners and have not had any issues appear or occur outside of this instance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not being a Mac person--

I can only refer you to other forum posts- maybe the very last post by Ddoctor8 at:

Lightroom spawning multiple copies of it self

And IIRC another forum thread spoke about setting 'Permissions' so that Lightroom had full Read/write permissions on all the folders it uses- both Catalogs, Previews, Image files, and Lr System files (Presets, etc).

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you are in time machine. Have you completely signed out of your creative cloud manager and rebooted your machine?

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you opening Lightroom from? Try opening it from your Creative Cloud Manager at the top of your screen -or- from your applications folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im opening from the Application from Desktop, not from the creative cloud manager currently, but just attempted from the Manager and the same outcome occurred unfortunately. Im not certain what to attempt next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at this thread and see if the solution posted works for you.

Multiple (and more and more) instances of LR start themselves

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok - if the above works for you great. If it doesn't then these are the official steps from Adobe. Note all comments about Malware are misguided.

Expired Trial Error & Technical Issue

Just been through these steps with a helpful technician from Adobe and it resolved the issue. Hmm looking at it the steps were more extensive but hopefully the above instructions nail the issue. I did record the session but if you ask for 'chat' support it was swift for the chap to take over your machine and solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines