• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you add current imported photos to an album

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've watched various tutorials and this should be very simple, but I'm unable to drag any photos from my ALL PHOTOS display into an album that I created. I've tried from the grid and from the film strip as I've seen on many tutorials. This should be intuitive. I can't find any other way to add photos into albums except for the initial import. If I've already imported photos and now want to organize into albums, how do I do this. Is there something wrong with my installation or is this a feature not-yet implemented (or taken out as I've seen tutorials do this).

I'm running the latest version on a MacBook Pro.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The latest version" doesn't help. Please give us a version number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wish there was an easy way to copy the build number for you, but it closes when I try to copy it. LOL. It's version 1.1 and all add a screenshot with the build number.Screen Shot 2018-01-06 at 15.34.45.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I start with a clean Lr CC ecosystem. That means, for testing, there are zero files in my cloud system.

I Added (we 'Add' files to Lr CC - We 'Import' them into a Lr classic catalog) 6 images and waited a few seconds for them to sync.

I then Clicked the + to Add an Album

I selected 3 images and drug them over the name of the Album. The entire Album line turns Blue and a little Green circle with a white + appears and I drop.

If that process isn't working there for you, I may not have any more suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I'm not using LR Classic. I've watched in various tutorials that once you have an album created in LR CC, you can select multiple images in the film strip and drag them into the album, but this is not working currently. I've tried it in multiple views. I can't find any easy way to add photos to albums (this should be relatively easy as LR is an organizing tool unlike PS). I don't want to have to import certain photos at a time into a specific album and then cannot add any more images to that album. That will make LR CC very messy. I also like to import all my photos from a current session at one time, but they may not all go into the same album. Currently, the only way I can find to add photos to an album is EITHER during import or into an empty album. Once there are images in the album, I can no longer add any photos to it. This is counter-intuitive and does not lend to any organization. I'm, hoping this is a bug in the current version, but I cannot find anything about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize you are not using Lr Classic. That is obvious.

The test I did was done using Lr CC - That should be also obvious.

I understand it is not working for you.

If I am unable to duplicate your issue/problem, like I said, I'm unable to help.

You mention 'bug in the current version'. A 'bug' in the software would also affect my system. No such 'bug' exists.

There is something different about your system, or the process you use, from mine. The difference is not a 'bug'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mention importing via Classic Catalog. I have Classic and CC, but since I just started using both, I figured I would see if the CC workflow would work best as it seems this is the direction that Adobe is moving to.

It should be easy enough to duplicate what I'm talking about.

1. Select only one image from ALL PHOTOS and create an album and add selected photo to album.
2. Now go to your film strip view and select a couple of photos that are NOT in that album and try to drag them into the album.
3. It does not work for me, but in all of the tutorials (from October 2017) they are able to do it with ease. I am not. If you can do it, and I cannot, then it's something that I'm doing wrong or something is set differently on my computer.
4. If you cannot do it and it once was possible, it's either a feature that they removed (unlikely) or it's a bug in the current version.

I'm pretty good with computers and know my way around a lot of software and can self-study what I don't know, but for whatever reason, it's not working like it does in all of the demos and that is either because I'm doing something wrong, they removed the feature, or there's a bug. Just trying to figure out which it is.

Thank you for your continued assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mentioned the word 'Import' relative to Lr Classic because it's a term not used in Lr CC.

Words have meaning relative to differing iterations of software. 'Import' indicates you are using Lr Classic.

The reason I asked for your version # because the Title of the OP was " . . . imported photos . . ." and I wasn't sure you were not using Lr Classic.

If they 'removed the feature' my version 1.1 didn't get the word. Minutes ago it's still working >>

test-2.jpg

EOC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help. Sorry for the terminology. I'm used to the word import and Adobe isn't doing itself any service by having two similar but very different apps with similar names. LOL They're should either work on parity or rename the apps entirely.

Anyway, I found out that it's a bug under the "report a bug" option, I found out that others were having the same issue about moving images into folders/albums in CC. So it wasn't just me and I wasn't just being a noob with this software.

I was able to do it in the web version until the bug is fixed.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines