• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Aperture Library Extra Plug In is missing in Lightroom CC 7.1 version

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to find out the extra plug in and it just gone. Try to search in the addon's page and can't find also. Adobe discontinued the extra plug in?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Missing also in my Windows Lightroom Classic 7.1  (as I might expect with Windows )

Check the help page for a Plugin download at-

How to transfer photos from iPhoto or Aperture to Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC (Mac OS)

In particular:

ScreenShot045.jpg

Edit: But I wonder How you update Lightroom Classic CC to 5.7 ........I think Adobe need to edit their help page.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Missing also in my Windows Lightroom Classic 7.1  (as I might expect with Windows )

Check the help page for a Plugin download at-

How to transfer photos from iPhoto or Aperture to Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC (Mac OS)

In particular:

ScreenShot045.jpg

Edit: But I wonder How you update Lightroom Classic CC to 5.7 ........I think Adobe need to edit their help page.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you looking in Plugin Extras?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you using both a Mac and Windows machine or have you moved from Mac to windows? Can you add the context? if you still have Lr on your Mac, you’ll want to import from aperture first before going to windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cmgap,   Do you see Aperture Import Plugin in your menu? (Classic v7.1)

My post was in reply to the OP, and I am assuming they are using Mac.

I am Windows only and "Aperture Import" may not be included in my Lightroom Install.

I thought the link might give the OP a chance to install the Plugin.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using windows 10, not mac. But I used to have mac and aperture and lightroom on same mac machine. Now I change to windows, and dont have mac anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Francisco, why do you need the "Aperture to Lightroom" plugin?

If you are using a Windows PC then you will not have Aperture, or its library, on your PC, to be able to 'Import"..

If you imported from Aperture to Lightroom while you had the Mac, did the Lightroom Catalog show all your photos?

I think we need more detailed information from you to determine what you are trying to achieve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I told before, I was a Mac user. Now I'm a Windows user. I used to have Aperture and Lightroom when I was a mac user. Now I still have some libraries in my old mac HD's that are in Aperture, so I would like to use this plugin to import them with adjustments, rate and all pre selection that I made before in the Aperture library.

But as I'm seeing here, the Windows Lightroom version didn't have this extra plugin. So I guess If I want that, I need to go to a Mac machine, do the transfer library from Aperture to Lightroom with the extra Plug in available in Lightroom's Mac version, and then copy the catalog generated to my Windows machine. I think that If I need to do that I will just quit, import the pictures folders to Lightroom and start from beginning. Unfortunally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Francisco - yes that was why I asked if you still have access to a mac with Lr on it. That is the only way to access the Aperture catalog.

Now I still have some libraries in my old mac HD's that are in Aperture...

You might be able to connect your old mac HD to your windows machine and use it as any external hard drive and yes then use Import to bring the images into your windows machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I still have some libraries in my old mac HD's

I was not aware of that with my previous replies, sorry.

do the transfer library from Aperture to Lightroom with the extra Plug in available in Lightroom's Mac version, and then copy the catalog generated to my Windows machine.

Correct. But you will then need to open your master catalog in Windows and use the Menu {Import from another Catalog} to merge the Mac Catalog with the Windows Catalog.

I think that If I need to do that I will just quit, import the pictures folders to Lightroom and start from beginning.

Simply doing a standard Import of your files will lose much work- so is not recommended.

Have a read of this link to understand what the "Aperture Import" will do for you-

Moving from Aperture to Lightroom – Lightroom Solutions

A quote from the link:

It’s worth understanding what it will bring into Lightroom:

• Flags
  • Star Ratings
  • Keywords
  • Titles
  • Captions
  • IPTC standard metadata
  • GPS Data
  • Rejects
  • Color Labels – as Lightroom keywords
  • Stacks – as Lightroom keywords
  • Face Tags – as Lightroom keywords

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same issue on Lr CC, Under file I just dont have the plug in menu... any idea why ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you upload a screen shot of your Library > Plugin Extras pull down menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines