Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Problem

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I use after effects for uni and i have never had a problem exporting before. I'm trying to export simple 2d animation, but when i export it looks super low quality and i get a weird colour offset?? Almost like there's two layers? Its leaving a dark shadow under everything.  Im using 'best settings' and 'Lossless' and i've never had a problem before. My hand in is at 9:30am monday so this is the worst time for this to happen.

I've purged the disk cache thing so dont suggest that.

literally any suggestions would be great.

thank you !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

HAHAH

SO i fixed the problem. Turns out i was exporting as an Avi. file instead of Quicktime. Feel like an idiot but glad its fixed !

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you export? Do your render settings say custom? Do you know anything at all about video formats, codecs, standards or compression? 99% possibility this is user error on some level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm pretty sure it is user error on some part i just cant figure out where !

Render settings say Best Settings. with output module lossless. I know basics of video formats and i have to export it as a H.264 quicktime file. I'm not the best with computers so i wouldn't doubt i've messed it up somewhere.

I've checked that the colour issue isnt my layers and no luck there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HAHAH

SO i fixed the problem. Turns out i was exporting as an Avi. file instead of Quicktime. Feel like an idiot but glad its fixed !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should never use H.264 Quicktime. Apple no longer supports it, it never worked well and can be buggy in playback. If you need h.264 it should be an MP4 rendered with the Adobe Media Encoder. The option for h.264 QT has been removed in all current versions of AE and Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines