Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Featured news widget problem

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

I have a problem with the featured news widget. The first added item is always on top and i can't get the last added item on top. I've read somewhere that always the last item has the + mark and is by default on top. My + mark item is not. When I try to  arrange it by right click + Arrange, the only option I have is "send Backward/send to back". So it is in front already but when viewed the first added item is on top.

Anybody?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the box with the + and drag it to the top of the stack. Click the + and a box appears above.

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 12.37.51 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is exactly what I am doing, but when I preview/view in browser it is not on top. The lower box is on top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I'm failing to understand just what it is you are trying to do.

Visit here http://jforbes.org/muse_test/index.html

and explain what is is you want to be different

Design mode

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 3.31.29 PM.png

Preview mode / Browser view and published view

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 3.32.36 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

robboxxx  wrote

Yes, that is exactly what I am doing, but when I preview/view in browser it is not on top. The lower box is on top.

what do you mean by "on top"?

the example posted by Neox99​ has the "2nd in" as "focus"... that is the one that displays by default when someone first goes to the page or after they refesh their browser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To change the opening sequence of the target, it is of no use to drag them around.

You have to change the stacking order:

The trigger/target, which is the lowest in the stack, opens first.

To change this order, select a trigger, right click onto it, and choose „send to back“, „send to top“, and so on.

Alternatively, you can open the „Layers“ panel, find your composition, and drag the triggers to the position, you want: The first one to the bottom, the last one to the top, and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Neox99: Yep. This is what I'm looking for.

@ Uss Norway: Yes that is what I want; the last added item as "focus" on opening. Instead of the first item as "focus".

@ Günter Heißenbüttel: Yes, I'm aware of this and the first trigger is "back" and the second is "front"

Designmode

Schermafbeelding 2018-01-06 om 10.40.51.png

Previewmode

Schermafbeelding 2018-01-06 om 10.41.12.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bet, you do something wrong! (Otherwise I misunderstood your question completely.)

Reorganising triggers works flawlessly. I use this several times a day.

The position of the triggers on the screen has no effect on the sequence of appearance of the targets. You can place them wherever you want (and often users mix up this sequence inadvertently – what is no problem at all).  The sequence remains the same. It is exactly the sequence of the trigger’s creation:

• First created trigger: At the bottom –> the first one, which is shown on the page.
  • Last created trigger: On the top –> the last one, which will be shown on the page.

To modify the sequence of appearance, you have to modify the sequence of the trigger stacking.

Just look at this screencast:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a lot of experimenting I found the solution: The first created trigger "on top", the second created trigger "at the bottom" shows the the second (last created and at the bottom) on opening the page..........

Can't see the logic of it but it works. Thanks all for the help.

Regards,

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don’t understand, what you are trying to say. The logic of this is absolutely clear. I think you messed up the sequence of the triggers on screen by dragging them around, not knowing that this won’t influence the sequence of the targets appearance in any way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines