Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iMac's fans are running very fast using LR CC or Classic

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I'm using LR CC and Lightroom Classic and at the moment I'm uploading my library (85'000 Pictures) to the Cloud for the LR CC....when I scroll in LR CC my newest iMac Retina (SSD HD, 32 GB RAM, i7 Core...) is starting the fan running at 2700 rpm.....when i look into the apple activity protocol, the Adobe Lightroom CC Helper uses between 400-500% of CPU...the same is when I'm scroll in the pictures of the Lightroom Classic, the CPU usage goes up to 300-500% of CPU.....

not the helper, but the program......

is this normal? do anyone of you have the same issue.....

Kind regards
Thomas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a mac pro with 16GB of Ram. It usually operates silently and cool. Since I installed lightroom CC (the new product) and started the synchronisation process with my near 1TB of data, my CPU has been maxing out at 100%, lightroom CC freezes, my mouse becomes jerky,  the fan is running fast and noisy and the case (above the keyboard) is hot to touch.

I'm  concerned that the CPU load of 100% for hours at a time may burn something out. Any guidance on how long the sync process will take?

Regards ... Alastair

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I have Lightroom Classic, approx 60k pictures and have exactly same problem. On iMac 5K 2015, i7, 24GB RAM, SSD, when I only browse pictures in the catalog (no development, import or export, just browsing), the CPU goes to 500% and the fan is spinning crazy, creating a lot of noise. Many people complain about the Lightroom slowness, but this is not just slow, it is also annoying that just browsing consumes that much of CPU.

Is there any official adobe reaction?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines